Coffee Co @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

way to show some killer instinct and go for the kill instead of getting sloppy.Not a great game from Oakland, but it was more than enough to get the win. Seemed like Coffee County wanted to shut down Devin Boyd and they did, but devin had about 6-7 assits, which was a big factor early. Was very please that Matt Joines came out and shot the ball well, he needed a game like this to get his confidence back up. Your Next Columbia :o

dang, i didn't give coffee much chance, but i really thought it'd be closer than this!! oh well, i thought about going to this game, so maybe that caused them to lose so bad. cuz the other two games i went to ended up the same way. maybe that will leave a bad taste in micah's mouth for next year and he'll get better and be great. hope so anyway.

Good season Coffee County. Here & there it could have been different but you all played hard & didn't quit. That statement is a testament to your coaches too. Now for all the CC posters on Coach T... please don't jump to the baseball, softball, track, tennis, etc. sites & proclaim that ________________ (player or team) is the greatest thing since sliced bread. It really is embarassing to read the posts of many CC supporters. Its great that you are loyal and or school spirited, but c'mon be realistic! So and so for this many (yards, td's, points, blocks, hits, strikeouts etc.) I want to think that most of you are intelligent & sports knowledgable, but CC will not win every game and you must look at the wins against teams they do get. CC has to play perfect in about every sport to have a chance to beat the suburban or urban teams. If you want to question my comment, thats fine. I wish the best for CC in all sports. I just hate seeing knuckleheads on this site talking trash and making CC look bush league.

Good season Coffee County.  Here & there it could have been different but you all played hard & didn't quit.  That statement is a testament to your coaches too.  Now for all the CC posters on Coach T... please don't jump to the baseball, softball, track, tennis, etc. sites & proclaim that ________________ (player or team) is the greatest thing since sliced bread.  It really is embarassing to read the posts of many CC supporters.  Its great that you are loyal and or school spirited, but c'mon be realistic!  So and so for this many (yards, td's, points, blocks, hits, strikeouts etc.)  I want to think that most of you are intelligent & sports knowledgable, but CC will not win every game and you  must look at the wins against teams they do get.  CC has to play perfect in about every sport to have a chance to beat the suburban or urban teams.  If you want to question my comment, thats fine.  I wish the best for CC in all sports.  I just hate seeing knuckleheads on this site talking trash and making CC look bush league.

825595649[/snapback]

Good season to the Raiders and congrats to oakland......as for your comment fuzby...I agree that people should be realistic and not make CC look stupid which happens from time to time.....But you can't say that CC has to play perfect in almost everysport to beat "suburban or urban teams" What about baseball and softball? Both of these teams have proven that year in and year out minus coach jones first year in baseball that they deserve recognition. And don't say you weren't talking about them because those were the first two examples that you used "don't jump to the baseball or softball threads and start..." Time will tell how they will do this season but the Road to district 8AAA baseball and softball goes through Coffee Co. also the road to region 5 goes through CC after both teams defeated riverdale last year in region competition.

I agree with fuzby to an extent. I have no problem with Coffee County fans supporting their teams. But sometimes they do look at things through some rose colored glasses. However, I don't think the Coffee County fans are the only ones on CoachT that does the same thing. That is what makes high school sports so fun--everyone thinks their team is the best and their players are the greatest.

Pedo I'll give you softball, but baseball is not clear cut CC every year. Coach Greene, King, & Jones have done tremendous work in making a 1st class program and competitive (if not the favorite) in every game. 2 years ago CC didn't get out of the district & the year before that they won the district in regular season but dropped 2 in a row in the tourney final to Columbia @ Lincoln Co & got beat @ Riverdale in the region 1st round. All I stated was that most CC posters over-estimate CC talent & play down each opponent, regardless of the sport. I'm just happy that the majority of the CC fans that I hear in the stands at the various ballgames don't post because it will always be the officials, umps, refs, etc. fault. Don't you agree? Believe me...I've had close to a decades worth of CLOSE observation in many of the sports.

I dont believe we ever said that micah was "the best thing since sliced bread". We jus said that he is one of the best jrs around. If you follow raider basketball then you would agree with us. The reason why the raider baseball team didnt beat riverdale two yrs ago is because two of their main players were suspended. But yes we will also show our support for the baseball and softball teams! If its so embarassing for you to read our posts, then i guess you mite as well jus stay away from the cpu, cause we WILL support our teams... But back to the topic, congrats to oakland to spankin the crap outta coffee last nite. Coffee never showed up and the game was never close. Congrats on a great season this yr raiders... we r proud of yall!

I dont believe we ever said that micah was "the best thing since sliced bread". We jus said that he is one of the best jrs around. If you follow raider basketball then you would agree with us. The reason why the raider baseball team didnt beat riverdale two yrs ago is because two of their main players were suspended. But yes we will also show our support for the baseball and softball teams! If its so embarassing for you to read our posts, then i guess you mite as well jus stay away from the cpu, cause we WILL support our teams... But back to the topic, congrats to oakland to spankin the crap outta coffee last nite. Coffee never showed up and the game was never close. Congrats on a great season this yr raiders... we r proud of yall!

825596192[/snapback]

how many seniors does coffee county have?

Oakland[/url]Grad' date='Mar 2 2005 - 09:28 AM']how many seniors does coffee county have?

825596199[/snapback]

Coffee's only seniors this yr were: webster, jere davison, tyler spry, and josh hollins. They all started at sum point this yr. We will have to work hard to get back to where we were this yr. But we have our best player returning in williams. Evan, robert george, and trey adcock will all have to step up and have a big yr for coffee next yr!!