Coffee Co @ Oakland

MidTennFootball

i just dont see how Oakland can lose this game. Oakland is not a great team by any stretch of the means, but Coffee County only has 1 quality win and that was over Cleveland very early in the year. I admire the fact that Coffee County fought like the dickens to get to the point they are, with them being a 7 seed, but district 8 just isnt that good this year and for me its hard to get nervous bout playing a team that barely beat Lawrence County. I am not underestimating CC or saying we will run off the court, but i just dont see the upset happening with a lot of their wins being against either AA schools or AAA schools that were eliminated last week. Oakland burns teams that tend to rely on one player's impact. So i will make my prediction, Oakland by 12

Edited by OaklandGrad

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be rooting for Coffee County until the end, but I just don't see how they beat Oakland. There will be a mismatch at almost every position defensively for Coffee County. I expect to see a lot of zone from Coffee County. If they can pack it down, make Oakland shoot the outside shot and the Patriots have an off night shooting and the Raiders are able to pull down the boards then they have a chance. My heart wants Coffee to win, but my head says Oakland by 15.

Oakland[/url'>Grad' date='Mar 1 2005 - 03:10 PM']i just dont see how you fellas think that coffee has a realistic shot in this one without even giving a reason as to why. I have seen coffee play, but have any coffee co fans seen oakland play?(probably not)

825594259[/snapback]

A reason why CC can win this one is we've seen that CC has the potential to pull the upset (finishing in 3rd after being 7th seed in 8aaa and within a few points of playing for the championship). Its all about emotions in high school bball, as long as the teams are on a pretty even ground as far as talent and i dont know much about Oakland but I know alot about CC and, being led of course by Williams, they have some talent... enough, i think, to be in this game.

A reason why CC can win this one is we've seen that CC has the potential to pull the upset (finishing in 3rd after being 7th seed in 8aaa and within a few points of playing for the championship).  Its all about emotions in high school bball, as long as the teams are on a pretty even ground as far as talent and i dont know much about Oakland but I know alot about CC and, being led of course by Williams, they have some talent... enough, i think, to be in this game.

825594375[/snapback]

If Oakland comes to play........Oakland by 30

If Oakland cruises........Oakland by 20

It is just that simple.

I am going to have to go with oakland because no one in the

district has stopped the tandem of devin boyd and chaisson allen.

i was watching oakland practice yesterday and they are going to

run a box and 1 on williams and shut everyone else down.

adareus dixon will score in double digits and look for darian martin

to stepp up big this whole region tournament. as for joines he will get

over his bad game friday and score in double digits.oaklands two leaders

devin boyd and chaisson allen will both have 20+!!!!!!!!

OHS BY 20+

A reason why CC can win this one is we've seen that CC has the potential to pull the upset (finishing in 3rd after being 7th seed in 8aaa and within a few points of playing for the championship).  Its all about emotions in high school bball, as long as the teams are on a pretty even ground as far as talent and i dont know much about Oakland but I know alot about CC and, being led of course by Williams, they have some talent... enough, i think, to be in this game.

825594375[/snapback]

I am going to have to go with oakland because no one in the

district has stopped the tandem of devin boyd and chaisson allen.

i was watching oakland practice yesterday and they are going to

run a box and 1 on williams and shut everyone else down.

adareus dixon will score in double digits and look for darian martin

to stepp up big this whole region tournament. as for joines he will get

over his bad game friday and score in double digits.oaklands two leaders

devin boyd and chaisson allen will both have 20+!!!!!!!!

OHS BY 20+

825594578[/snapback]

Devin Boyd comes ready to PLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY every game!! He is simply the master! And Chaisson will play way beyond  his years stroking the 3's in the clutch.. The rest of the pack will provide fits to the raiders: Joines, Martin, and Dixon.  They will not be denied this victory. Team work and phenonmenal coaching are the keys to this W!

And Uncle Randy's Kids will show some love for the Patriots from the stands.

825594686[/snapback]

you have to be able to have some info on both teams to be able to make an accurate statement. a couple of weeks ago, some CC fans were posing the question of should Their coach even be back after this season, now you guys think you cant beat oakland? eh, i dont think so.

As contraversial as ruppsrunt is, he does know his basketball. Like i said earlier, CC usually plays Oakland tough but i would not be suprised if Oakland could turn on the jets and win running away. If Oakland can display the type of intensity that they had against Siegel friday, there is no chance Oakland loses this game. If this game was at CC maybe, but Oakland plays extremely tough at home

ohswr20, i dont think its a good idea to divulge info on the message boards from practice about strategy since so many people read the boards but i guess it wont matter this time around, may need to keep that in mind next time ;)