shelbyville vs white co.

90warrior

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep on showtime just keep on. National signing day has past and I didn't see anybody on the dotted line. I know as well as you do what's down below (we've played aau there for more than a year or two in the past) and trust me there is just as much in the well in Columbia as you guys got. So yes we're enjoying. Make no pretense I don't think we'll go undefeated in the district again but who knows, You won't for a long time. Now if you can get 3 girls off the soccer team to come back to basketball then woah! look out but until that happens, you guys are in the middle of the pack with the rest of us just keeping your nose above water. We got a program also it sells for 4 bucks in the lobby send me your address I'll mail you one and then you can have 2 programs

825591025[/snapback]

I remember and I also remember that the officials were really one sided that night. If we have those same three officials we had that night tonight then I may be taking a early exit from the gym tonight. I was wondering if White County was going bring Mike Shockley and Steve Holland back and prop a statue of each up beside the score table tonight since they are the only two people in White County Basketball history to slow the Eaglettes down and then they couldn't do it consistently so they got Fired.

Flem: I just got done watching ESPN classic and they had the replay 1995 Region Finals Game. I am watching Allie Clark steal the ball and go in laying it up for a three point play after White County decided to freeze the meat about three minutes to early. White County beat Shelbyville two times that year and when it counted the most the Little Man and Flemtone guided the Eaglettes to a Region Finals Victory in classic of all classic win in Shelbyville Basketball History. So what I have said all year will come true again this year and that is the Eaglettes will find a way to win and if they don't people don't worry I will start getting ready for next year and our 5 freshman that are coming in and let me warn you now THEY ARE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. :o:D

;) GOOD LUCK TO THE WARRIORETTES!!!! :P JUST PRAYING THAT NOONE FROM EITHER TEAM GETS HURT!!!!............AND that the ref's are FAIR!!! thumb Also hope Coach lets some of you guys play an outside game just a little, ESPECIALLY if the inside shots are being missed as BAD as they were against Riverdale!! Sparta can have a shot at winning if EVERY girl is allowed to show up instead of depending on 1. Edited by Snoop~Dog

Flem: I just got done watching ESPN classic and they had the replay 1995 Region Finals Game. I am watching Allie Clark steal the ball and go in laying it up for a three point play after White County decided to freeze the meat about three minutes to early.

825591152[/snapback]

I believe the Finals game you are speaking of is the 1994 Final in Lawrenceburg, when Allison was a Freshman and Kellie Jolly was a Junior. You're excused on account of your old age. In '95 Shelbyville had an easier time with Sparta in Lebanon. It was b/c the Lady Raiders tired Sparta out in the semifinal round. Napoleon will meet his Waterloo in Sparta tonight!

Well, well, well, the most hated man in girls mid-state high school basketball circles rolls into White County for some fun at the Warriorettes expense tonight. I'm sure that the folks at White County will scream that this all-star team has beat us again but remember that Shelbyville has as many GOLD BALLS as you you have banners in that gym. Hey White County don't try to run another coach off because they didin't win the state!!! Also explain to me why that White County doesn't have one Gold Ball for all that talent they had in the 1990's.

For the first time in history the Eaglettes have no point guard play if White Co is going to win, they have to exploit that. Snipes has to run the point at times and if they keep Jarrell boxed out, then you can work from the inside also. Columbia held them to 21 points and 29 points this year by perimeter pressure FWIW

825589134[/snapback]

I watched that game too

:blink: i know everone on both columbia and shelbyville

shelbyville is goin down

good luck white Co.

I believe the Finals game you are speaking of is the 1994 Final in Lawrenceburg, when Allison was a Freshman and Kellie Jolly was a Junior. You're excused on account of your old age. In '95 Shelbyville had an easier time with Sparta in Lebanon. It was b/c the Lady Raiders tired Sparta out in the semifinal round. Napoleon will meet his Waterloo in Sparta tonight!

825591367[/snapback]

Wrong again, CC, it was because we played them a triangle and two and they did not have anyone that could put the ball in the hole. So simple, just walk up there unguarded and make the shot, just like a free throw but they couldn't do it. They were not tired, they were frustrated. thumb

Kelly Jolly is a great person, was a great player and deserved a gold ball. It was a shame she did not get one but it certainly was not her fault it never happened.

As you recall, Kelly had just come off that knee injury and made it back just in time for those region games. But was I right or not about it being '94 and not '95 when Clark made the steal?

825591609[/snapback]

That is one of those plays I guess you never forget but for the life of me I can't say for sure what year it was. Sorry. thumb

That is one of those plays I guess you never forget but for the life of me I can't say for sure what year it was.  Sorry. thumb

825591713[/snapback]

Pretty sure it was '94 b/c I remember it being so far to drive to Lawrenceburg. That's the only time I remember the region being in Lburg. The district was there in '90, but that's all I remember. They've got a nice gym, but way too far for most teams in the region. They did that for a few years having the region in off the wall places (Sparta, Lebanon), but they wised up and put it where it belongs after that, the Boro! I thought it was good in Shelbyville also, b/c of its location in the center of the region.

But there have been some great battles btwn White Co. and Shelbyville, with the Eaglettes taking a sizeable portion of them. The only post season victory I can recall for the Warriorettes would be '93, with Amber Clark and Jolly as sophomores, as well as Woodson and Sparrow as sophomores. I think Mariah Lonergan was a junior. Is that the only White Co. win over Shelbyville in the postseason, oh guru of Eaglette trivia?