shelbyville vs white co.

90warrior

well we got out played and outcoached again. white co. had a great first quarter and played sloppy the rest of the way. shelbville hit there free throws when it mattered. i think we had a better team but they just executed better. for whatever reason i talked to a scout and i won't mention his name but he was wanting shelbyville to win very bad. something about columbia didn't want to play white co. anyway man that freshman is going to be a player. number 44, i think her name is jerrell or something like that. talk to yau'll next year. it's time to fish. thumb

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think they are the weaker team?  They probably are but there is just something about Shelbyville and tournament time that can't be explained.  They peak at just the right time and seem to be hitting on all cylinders when it counts.  It is almost spooky.  If I were any of the other teams, don't know that I would not rather play any of them than Shelbyville.  You just don't know what they may do and the ohters are much more predictable.  Time will tell. thumb

825593042[/snapback]

only a fool would expect a easy time of it from shelbyville even when their down. I have always liked Oakland going up against Shelbyville. Grandstaff and Insell have had some good ones ;)

Well, well, well, the most hated man in girls mid-state high school basketball circles rolls into White County for some fun at the Warriorettes expense tonight. I'm sure that the folks at White County will scream that this all-star team has beat us again but remember that Shelbyville has as many GOLD BALLS as you you have banners in that gym. Hey White County don't try to run another coach off because they didin't win the state!!! Also explain to me why that White County doesn't have one Gold Ball for all that talent they had in the 1990's.

825591398[/snapback]

It's a fluke they don't have any gold balls from the early and mid 90's. Everybody knows they had the best team in the state at least 3 years. Ask Coffee Co. who had the best team when they won the state.

well we got out played and outcoached again. white co. had a great first quarter and played sloppy the rest of the way. shelbville hit there free throws when it mattered. i think we had a better team but they just executed better. for whatever reason i talked to a scout and i won't mention his name but he was wanting shelbyville to win very bad. something about columbia didn't want to play white co. anyway man that freshman is going to be a player. number 44, i think her name is jerrell or something like that. talk to yau'll next year. it's time to fish. thumb

825593053[/snapback]

90warrior....I agree. I thought White Co. was better. They just went ridiculously cold in the 2nd half{1of 8 three pointers, 6 of 14 from the foul line, ONE field goal in the 3rd quarter, missed 6 or 8 pretty much uncontested layups}. I thought White Co. was about 10 points better than Shelbyville. Just didn't show it on the scoreboard. Good luck next year Warriorettes! With the top 4 out of 6 players returning it should be another good season.

We all know who UnionVegas is.....The one the only..Pete Rose...wait...I'm wrong on that one. Pete is his favorite player along with 14. He loves his Unionville teams that he played for and they still can't make it to regions. Hey Vegas..why don't you go and coach down there cause I know you know the game and could help them out alot. I know you want to give Coach Fleming credit and Aaron too. Sometimes I think you wish you could be on that bench too? What do you think Preacher? :huh:

90warrior....I agree. I thought White Co. was better. They just went ridiculously cold in the 2nd half{1of 8 three pointers, 6 of 14 from the foul line, ONE field goal in the 3rd quarter, missed 6 or 8 pretty much uncontested layups}. I thought White Co. was about 10 points better than Shelbyville. Just didn't show it on the scoreboard. Good luck next year Warriorettes! With the top 4 out of 6 players returning it should be another good season.

825593231[/snapback]

:huh::D You can't break your pride enough and admit that White County will never be as good as Shelbyville.

825593231[/snapback]

if they are better, then why didn't they win? ridiculously cold or not, better is better, and if they were better shouldn't they have won that game? what i saw of it was they didn't have much on the bench, didn't go to 6 or 7 girl till others were in foul trouble or fouled out completely.

as usual,seems like i say this every year, we had more talent, just didn't execute. insell always knows how to get the best out of what he's got. our players wasn't ready. first year coach going against one of the best all time. coach haley will be a good coach. just give him time. as far as blotime putting down columbia, that's just stupid and disrespectful. they are a good team and have had a great year. sounds like he's just mad cause they have put it on shelbyville this year. shelbyville won't win the state this year. they probably won't get past columbia. if they do they won't get out of the substate. they execute really well but they are just not that good. 90 out.

90 & Showtime: I have to disagree with both of you. There have been years when White Co. has been as good and some years better than we were and there probably will be some more in the future. They had some really good teams in the mid 90's. We were just fortunate to win most of the big ones when it counted.

90, there were way too many won'ts in your post on what Shelbyville will do. How do you know? I would never have predicted they would have gotten this far based on what they looked like at the beginning of the season and what they lost from last year. BUT here they are and who knows what they can do from here on. Will they win the state, probably not but anything can happen. One of the best teams White Co. had when Jolly was a senior, they were considered an almost lock to win it all and out of no where came, I think it was Henry Co. to upset them. Lets just wait and see what happens before being so sure what won't happen at this point. If you are that sure you should be very rich by now.

Remember, only time will tell. thumb