shelbyville vs white co.

90warrior

Ok I have wondered all year and I guess I will just have to ask, Flemtone you say you used to help Rick coach right?  And so did his son Showtime7.  So i just want to know are you Tim Fleming?  the one that used to coach Liberty in there hayday?

825592333[/snapback]

Who in the world would want to admit being that guy? He had no class at all and didn't know anything about the game. He just sat there with Coach Insell to make himself feel good. Agree? thumb

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who in the world would want to admit being that guy?  He had no class at all and didn't know anything about the game.  He just sat there with Coach Insell to make himself feel good.  Agree? thumb

825592398[/snapback]

UnionVegas . . . do you know anyone named, "sheep"? Also, didn't someone you know have a bad coaching relationship Foster in college? Just wondering if I've got you pegged . . . <_<

Could Shockley do it???

-Nope, that ain't it

They said Holland was the answer....

-Nope, that ain't it

Todd Hess would surely bring home a gold ball....

-Nope, that ain't it

The successful middle school coach Haley will bring the Warriorettes back....

-Nope, that ain't it either

Shelbyville beats White Co. again....

-Yep, that's it

The Little Man gets this young team to the 'Boro....

-MIGHT....

:huh:

UnionVegas . . . do you know anyone named, "sheep"? Also, didn't someone you know have a bad coaching relationship Foster in college? Just wondering if I've got you pegged . . . wink.gif

No I do not think you got me this time, I am from Unionville. Not Shelbyville but I know Caoch Fleming. I just never thought he was the type to get on here, But I guess I was worng

BTW Flemtone if you are Him, then you know the game. Even when your arm was in a sling you still helped the general thumb

Edited by Unionvegas

Depsite the fact I hate to admit it, as far as White County beating Shelbyville in the postseason, it has only happened twice. The first time was at the end of the 1992-93 season and the region was played at Sparta. The Warriorettes won by 11 in the region semis. That was Kellie's sophomore year. Amy Moore was a senior for the Warriorettes. The next season, 1993-94, which was Kellie's junior year and the year the Warriorettes were ranked number one in the nation, we beat Shelbyville twice in the regular season, at Sparta by 19 and at Shelbyville by four. Then they beat us in the region finals at Lawrence County by three. The next year was when they beat us in the finals by 13 at Lebanon. That was only Kellie's fifth game back after knee surgery.

The other win in the post season came in the region finals at MTSU in 1996-97. The Warriorettes won by nine. Miranda Moore was a senior for Sparta and Candice Mitchell was a junior. I think Chrissy Davenport was a senior for Shelbyville.

Those are the only four times Sparta has beat Shelbyville in the past 20 years I am sorry to say. They missed one of their best chances tonight, but Shelbyville did the things they had to do to win and unfortunately we didn't.

Holland, as a head coach, actually had a winning record against Insell. They played five times with Sparta winning three and Shelbyville two. We just couldn't beat teams we were supposed to win in the first round of the state. Still one of the great misfortunes. One of the strongest teams in the state during the 90's and no gold ball to show for it.

But no matter what I will always be one of the proudest Warriorette fans around. Great bunch of kids who wore the maroon and gray who have gone on to be adults of which our community can be proud.

Edited by sportsfanatic

UnionVegas . . . do you know anyone named, "sheep"? Also, didn't someone you know have a bad coaching relationship Foster in college? Just wondering if I've got you pegged . . . wink.gif

No I do not think you got me this time, I am from Unionville. Not Shelbyville but I know Caoch Fleming.  I just never thought he was the type to get on here,  But I guess I was worng

BTW Flemtone if you are Him, then you know the game.  Even when your arm was in a sling you still helped the general thumb

825592807[/snapback]

The one arm man did it, could be????? thumb

not when i made that post there was like 50 secs to go.....i was listenin to it on the radio and we were up by 6...and they were foulin us

825592608[/snapback]

Listening to it on the radio and the time post come up are entirely two different things. I was going back and forth between the scoreboard and the post board and I saw 2:30 and up by 3 at the same time I see this post. The two just did not fit. You won and we won, now we will see what happens. We are probably the youngest team in the district in a definate rebuilding year and have posted a 20 win season and are in the region semifinals. I live out of state and can go see former players at Ole Miss, Florida, Tennessee, Vandy, and saw one play the other night for Maryland. We should be fighting to win 10 games this season but look where they are. We beat White Co. who beat Cookeville 18 points just the other night and they gave you all a down to the wire game. I may be wrong but I think our kids think they can play with Columbia. I think they know they have not shown up yet in a game with you. Could Wednesday night be the night? Only time will tell thumb

You think they are the weaker team? They probably are but there is just something about Shelbyville and tournament time that can't be explained. They peak at just the right time and seem to be hitting on all cylinders when it counts. It is almost spooky. If I were any of the other teams, don't know that I would not rather play any of them than Shelbyville. You just don't know what they may do and the ohters are much more predictable. Time will tell. thumb