Region 1 AA

coaches_corner

For you Coachh17 - I know how you crave details. I listened on the radio.

Elizabethton beat Chuckey Doak by about 20. They went up by 10 in the first quarter and kept responding to any threat CD could make. Rikki was great. Close to 30 points. 10 in the first quarter (2 3's) Michaela and Val played very well but had some foul trouble. Ed and Bri stepped up and played great to help us through the foul trouble. Cameron and Victoria were solid. Radio guys said it was the best Victoria has played and were commenting that she doesn't get enough credit but she does a lot of the little stuff that makes a huge difference. Of course, she has always done that.

I don't have exact details but that's a start. Unicoi Co. is next. I believe 7PM Wed.

I'm 2-2 on picks. Not a great start.

Next round. Pigeon Forge over Claiborne. Elizabethton over Unicoi. I hope I do better than 50% this time <_<

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sportsguy, will you be calling the games over the internet this week?

825590811[/snapback]

Good to see you again tonight. I will be calling all games that include Claiborne, Cumberland Gap, and Union County. I would have them all on the internet if we could pick up sponsors for Pigeon Forge. (Send me some names and numbers to call.)

Tomorrow night we will have the 4:00, 7:00, & 8:30 games on. We simulcast on WLMU 91.3 and WCTU 105.9 FM. 105.9 is the stronger signal, and can be heard in most upper East Tennesse counties pretty well.

We also simulcast on the net at http://radio.lmunet.edu with a link from our monthly sports paper home page, http://www.pinnaclesportsview.com.

I will have the Pigeon Forge - Claiborne game on Wednesday for sure, the boys I cover games will be determined tomorrow.

Edited by The Sports Guy

Final was 66-45. Rikki had 30, 19 in the first half. Val and Michaela both got into early foul trouble and ended up playing about half the game, but when they were out there they played very well. We only had 11 turnovers. Our passing has gotten much better the last month. CD did hurt us on the offensive boards, but with their size and our foul trouble, that was not unexpected. Eden hurt her ankle early, but got it taped or re-taped and returned to play alot and did well. Bri played the entire second quarter for Val and was steady. Cyclone bench performed tonight, but the star of the show was Rikki. She played a complete game and set the tone early with two threes. Victoria and Cameron hit some big shots, and Victoria played great defense as usual. Unicoi played a great game against South Greene. It will be a war wednesday night.

Edited by coaches_corner

Thanks for the game details, I appreciate it. I went 3 out of 4, only missing the Central game. I personally wanted a South Greene rematch, but I guess we have Unicoi again. Looks like the girls are on a mission and need one more great effort. If we make the sub-state, I'll drive up for the game. Hope Katrina is improving! Go Cyclones!!!!!!!! I am proud of you.

Claiborne beat Sullivan Central tonight.  Pigeon Forge beat Volunteer and Unicoi beat South Greene.  I believe Elizabethton probably beat Chuckey-Doak, they were ahead the last I heard.

I was surprised at the South Greene/Unicoi game.  I thought Unicoi played really well.  South Greene did not.

825592445[/snapback]

The finally played the way they are capable of playing. Hali Sparks played probably the best game she has ever played. Big difference finally tonight the Senoirs played most of of the game it really showed. Weaver was in foul trouble most of the game.

Wed. night should be a real game. Refs in region are calling a tight game both ways. Fouls the was allowed all season are now being called. Just might make a difference.

I don't see anyone beating Pigeon Forge. They can all shoot the eyes out and the tightest defense I've seen in may years. Will run an ordinary team to death with as deep a bench they have and players running in and out constantly.

Finals: Unicoi County and Pigeon Forge

My my my nightmare, what a difference a day makes! Your devils played a very good game tonight against a top opponent. I agree that the game with the cyclones will be one to remember. But I disagree that PF cant be beat. I sure would like the chance thursday. First things first. What do you see Fisher doing different against EHS?

PF will have it tough from here on out. Claiborne won't be rolling over on Wednesday either. Our girls will have to give it their best every game. I thought our bench played well last night against Volunteer. Our guards really stepped it up on the perimeter as well.

Whoever said that Region 1 didn't have any good teams obviously hasn't seen our teams play! I think we have one of the toughest regions in the state! Hopefully our two regional teams will go to Murfreesboro and show them just how good we are! :)

The finally played the way they are capable of playing. Hali Sparks played probably the best game she has ever played. Big difference finally tonight the Senoirs played most of of the game it really showed. Weaver was in foul trouble most of the game.

Wed. night should be a real game. Refs in region are calling a tight game both ways. Fouls the was allowed all season are now being called. Just might make a difference.

I don't see anyone beating Pigeon Forge. They can all shoot the eyes out and the tightest defense I've seen in may years. Will run an ordinary team to death with as deep a bench they have and players running in and out constantly.

Finals: Unicoi County and Pigeon Forge

825592695[/snapback]

Unicoi is looking good but Elizabethton is looking as good as they have all year. A close called game might not help Unicoi or Betsy. They both play aggressive defense and both will suffer. Redd could get in trouble out front while Petrowski (?) might suffer inside. Both are "hands on". Weaver and especially Sparks could be in trouble with a tight called game. Gonna be a good show. The winner will face off with PF.

GO CYCLONES!!!

Dittos, GLee.

If we see a "hands-on" game, Unicoi is the Favorite, with those two - Valneesha and Michaela - being the ones to watch.

But Unicoi has had plenty of foul trouble of heir own, especially Sparks and Mainer. And the Lady Cyclones have managed to keep their five starters on the court throughout the season. When they haven't, either for foul trouble or injury (Rikki during the Greeneville Tournament), it's been awfully difficult indeed.

Edited by krichunaka