Region 2-AA

splainshornet

4.30 - #1 Austin-East (3-AA) vs. #4 Kingston (4-AA)

6.00 - #1 Oliver Springs (4-AA) vs. #4 Fulton (3-AA)

7.30 - #2 Anderson Co. (4-AA) vs. #3 Alcoa (3-AA)

9.00 - #2 Seymour (3-AA) vs. #3 Loudon (4-AA)

Brackets

#1 in the State Oliver Springs, and #3 in the state Austin-East could possibly meet up in the Championship if things were to go as planned.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OS ranked #1 in the state is an awesome conversation topic but doesn't mean a lot on the court except that everyone wants to knock you off really bad.

I LOVE your signature "STEP UP AND PLAY DEFENSE" IMHO that is what wins games and OS used just that @ AC on Friday night. Good luck to all of the region competing teams.

GO LADYCATS!!!!

I don't think OS was that good defensively. It was AC inability to handle the pressure of the moment. AC up by 8 with 1 something to go, sounds like OS was struggling until the big three Davis hit, AC was handling the situation fine, then all of a sudden Davis hit that three and AC looked up and saw where they were and panicked a bit. Inexperience in that situation is what helped OS win that game not OS’s defense.

Hitting those shots down the stretch by Davis who has been in that situation at Oak Ridge and now at OS made the plays she had to.

I see the region coming down to who can handle the pressure again I think AC learned from the district championship and could be the dark horse of the tournament. AC has to beat Alcoa if they can rebound from Friday night’s loss and I think they will by about 8.

Then they will have to beat a pretty good AE team. If AE plays like they did at AC you will see AC in the finals. If AE plays up to their billing then it is a toss-up in that game. But I am picking AC by 4.

OS on the other hand will have an easy time with Fulton since they lost two of their better players. Then will have to face Seymour and Randy Moore, do not county Seymour out of anything. Seymour has been the pain in OS's side for a few years. I know Brooke Johnson is gone but they can still be tough and Coach Moore can come up with some of the wildest schemes. If OS plays like they did Friday night in the district finals they will struggle against Seymour.

I am picking OS / AC (I hope) in the finals. :o

OS must not be very good but theyve beat AC three times this year on an average of about 9.3 points per contest and they dont have much experience and they have only won 32 district games in a row. And Rodd who was at Clinton now at AC has she been in those situations also? So I can see how you would come to these conclusions you must be a Coach. But anyway play as well as you can Lady Cats maybe you will get luckey. GO LADY BOBCATS... :P

Edited by BBALLTN

I don't think OS was that good defensively.

I really can't believe you have made this statement! I'm making a call today to get you a copy of Coach Hackworth's game film. OS may have not played their best D all night but when they needed to the most they did. OS D WAS GREAT AND WON A CHAMPIONSHIP WHEN IT COUNTED THE MOST!!!!

GO LADYCATS!!!!!!!