RENO911

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter
The other night a Wayne County got a technical for dunking in warm-ups.  Does anyone know what the rule says about this.  Does it say that a player can not "touch" the rim or "grab" the rim.  Or does it say that a player must not dunk in warm-ups.  Does anyone have the answer?

825590888[/snapback]

DON'T TOUCH THE RIM!!! Why is that so hard for so many teams to understand? I guess that some coaches like the challenge of spotting an opponent two-points because if you touch the rim then it is going to be a technical foul.

DON'T TOUCH THE RIM!!!  Why is that so hard for so many teams to understand?  I guess that some coaches like the challenge of spotting an opponent two-points because if you touch the rim then it is going to be a technical foul.

825590898[/snapback]

if that's the rule then there should be alot more T's called cuz i know of several teams that start warmups by touching the rim to see how high they can get and they never get T's for that. i thought the rule was no dunking but i could be wrong.

Guest catfish-hunter
if that's the rule then there should be alot more T's called cuz i know of several teams that start warmups by touching the rim to see how high they can get and they never get T's for that. i thought the rule was no dunking but i could be wrong.

825590902[/snapback]

No it says don't touch the rim. It doesn't have to be a dunk. If a player decides to jump up and hang on the rim during warmups then it will be a technical foul. If a ref doesn't call it, then he/she is wrong.

825590902[/snapback]

I noticed that the other night during the warm up between Clay County and Pickett and I wondered why no technical was called?!?!? B)

Back when I played we would dunk in warmups only when the refs were not around. There was several time we would get caught and they would give us a technical. Catfish-hunter is right the rule is don't touch the rim. I don't agree with this rule. I think it is good to get the crowd into it before the game. Just my opinion.

825590999[/snapback]

Refs are supposed to be on the floor during warm ups,but most are not. This is one of the reasons they are supposed to be there.

I believe the rule was enforced because dunking is considered a form of intimidation. If you have a team of guy who are going up and slammin it home every time and then a team of a bunch of 6 foot nothing kids then you can understand how that would be intimidating...thats the reason i was given when asked why we couldn't

I believe the rule was enforced because dunking is considered a form of intimidation.  If you have a team of guy who are going up and slammin it home every time and then a team of a bunch of 6 foot nothing kids then you can understand how that would be intimidating...thats the reason i was given when asked why we couldn't

825591359[/snapback]

If it is allowed in a game, why would a player not be allowed to warm up the shot? Stupid rule, in my opinion.

I believe that the rule may have to do more with the fact of possible rim or backboard damage that could be caused by dunking before a game. Once, when I was in high school, a player from the opposing team dunked in warm ups and it bent the rim and damaged the backboard. The game was delayed almost an hour before repairs could be made. This was before the new style rims that give while dunked on. Of course, while I was in high school, dunking during a game was illegal. Geez, that means I am getting old,

I believe that the rule may have to do more with the fact of possible rim or backboard damage that could be caused by dunking before a game.  Once, when I was in high school, a player from the opposing team dunked in warm ups and it bent the rim and damaged the backboard.  The game was delayed almost an hour before repairs could be made.  This was before the new style rims that give while dunked on.  Of course, while I was in high school, dunking during a game was illegal.  Geez, that means I am getting old,

825591509[/snapback]

Thats one of the reasons right there.