Rockwood over Midway by one?

PTSportsWriter

I never saw the pump fake, but I had my camera on Corey Payne expecting him to come off a double screen at the top of the key. Midway also thought that and took away that option. Maybe one day I'll watch the film with a stop watch and see exactly how long it took.

Either way, it's a tough way to end your career. My final game ended with Unaka throwing a length of the floor pass and hitting a fade away 17-footer at the buzzer in the region semis. Unaka then went to Murefreesboro.

I can still close my eyes and see it like it was yesterday and I guarntee you Midway will see this play forever. At least in my game, there was no doubt that we lost.

Oh well, good luck to the Tigers. Hopefully, that one play will be like the Arkansas fumble was for UT in 1998 or like the year Colorado got the fifth down against Missouri and went on to win the national title. Maybe the Tigers are destined for greatness this year and this play is just part of that destiny.

825598405[/snapback]

Just wondering, when was that? Was it '88?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Way to go Tigers!! The Tigers advance to the Region 2A Championship against CAK. Rockwood pulled another one away, this time, away from Cosby by a score of 79-77, I believe. The last time CAK and Rockwood met, the Warriors beat the Tigers by one point. This one, like all the others Rockwood has had in the tournament, should be a close and good game. Good luck to the Tigers on their road to the 'Boro!

Edited by BigT2006

I'm with you on this one goose. And I'm definetely not taking anything away from Rockwood because I know how tough they are year in and year out. And I would say Midway will feel that one a long time. I know when I close my eyes all I can think about is losing the 1st round at the boro. That's what makes us fans/athletes looking back at the losses and wishing they had turned out another way or looking back at all the wins and remembering how great those times were.

I just got back from the Cosby/ Rockwood game and what an offensive struggle that turned out to be. As an Eagle fan I have to say Harvest's shot didn't get put up in time but I'm not going to make any excuses. We had our chances and couldn't ever seem to pull through and take a good lead. I wish Rockwood the best of luck. Take care of CAK and send them to Division II with a momento.

As for the Big Blue, we'll be back and reloaded next year.

Go EAGLES!!!!!!!!

I didn't remember the pump fake either. And you're right, the pass wasn't 20 feet probably 15-17 and Ellery did catch, spin and shoot in on motion. They did everything as quickly as could be done and I honestly don't know if 1.5 seconds is enough time to do it or not. One day I'll watch the tape because I'm sure they'll be another similar situation to this in the years to come. It's kind of like knowing .3 seconds or less is a tip while .3 or more gives you time to ctach and shoot.