Lake County vs. Trenton (AGAIN)

The Refs should treat this game like a Heavyweight Championship Fight. They need to get a Ring announcer out there before the game to introduce both teams. Then the Refs should call both teams out to the center court and tell them to keep it clean and come out scoring!!! When these two teams hook up I always look at it like that!! thumb

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game will be a battle. Both of these teams are full of talent. I agree with you, I hope they can stay calm and play a clean game, but I really don't think it will be calm. There seems to be a lot of friction between LC and Trenton. I guess because of the incident in the districts. I just don't understand something though. It seems that when we play you, that Partee doesn't play well. I saw him play against Greenfield and he played wonderful. The three times we have played Trenton, I didn't see what I saw at Greenfield that night. What's the deal?

825595746[/snapback]

Mario had to play well the night they played Greenfield to make up for the absence of Doaks.

hopefully my LC boys will get the job done once again on thursday night... i wanna go to that game so badly but i have college homework to do so i will not be able to attend but i know that jessica, the bubbas, and reids crew and the rest of the LC crowd will keep it nice and loud for the sisco and doaks...lets go LC all the way to the boro!!!!!

You know, I've noticed that too.  Honestly, I think that Mario just has a hard time dealing with the mouthing of players and fans.  I got a close view of the incident with SF the other night and the SF player pulled him down by hanging on to his jersey.  He also had been kicking him all night.  Mario doesn't deal with that kind of stuff very well.  And quite honestly, he shouldn't have to--not on the basketball court.  I'm sure several of you will say it didn't happen, but I saw it with my own two eyes..it did happen! 

The game played between LC and Peabody @ Peabody was rather close and Partee played much better.  However, at Lake County he did not and 2 of those 3 games were at Lake County with their OVERWHELMING fans.  Lake County fans are loud and it's hard to overcome especially if you can hear individuals yelling ugly things at you.  He just has a harder time dealing with it than the others.  I agree that he will have to learn to deal with it, but until he does, he probably won't play as well against those teams that do a lot of talking on the court. 

I didn't see the LC/PHS games at LC this year.  I do not go to the games at Lake County, I don't feel safe there.  I had some HIGH SCHOOL guys get in my son's face (he was 10 at the time).  We were leaving and he was a little bit ahead of me, they stopped and he accidentally bumped into them, they turned around and told him to watch where the f- - k he was going and continued to say that Peabody stinks and so did he.  They were rather big and it was a huge crowd so, we got together, headed toward someone we knew, left and never went back.

825596072[/snapback]

Do you know if this person that said this was from Lake County? But just so you will know these things happen in Trenton too. We stopped at McDonald's in Trenton after the Trenton-LC game this year. There were several kids with Trenton jackets and shirts on that were told to quit cussing and quiet down by the manager or leave. We were in their with our 11 year old sons. The language was awful. Can you believe we are from Lake County and we were just a little scared? Imagine that. Scenes like this happen everywhere,even in your little corner of the world. Get over it. We did.

well turns out guys that i am gonna be able to go to the regional championship on tomorrow my college lecture isnt til tuesday...so all i can say is Doaks and Sisco better get ready b/c the LC FANS are gonna be in your ears all night!!!! lets go LC bring it home tomorrow night !!!!

Yeah that is true, but why doesn't he play like that every night. With him and Doaks they  would be hard to beat.

825596396[/snapback]

I'm not trying to diss Sisco, but if... let's say... a Randy Frazier... had a team consisting of Doaks, Partee, big Ramsey, pg Fields, Yancy, Brown... WOW! Everybody knows where'd they be in a couple of weeks.

Do you know if this person that said this was from Lake County?  But just so you will know these things happen in Trenton too.  We stopped at McDonald's in Trenton  after the Trenton-LC game this year.  There were several kids with Trenton jackets and shirts on that were told to quit cussing and quiet down by the manager or leave.  We were in their with our 11 year old sons. The language was awful.  Can you believe we are from Lake County and we were just a little scared?  Imagine that.  Scenes like this happen everywhere,even in your little corner of the world.  Get over it.  We did.

825596435[/snapback]

Oh, I know!

Yes, they were from LC, they had their LC jackets on. Guess they could have been from somewhere else wearing someone else's jacket, but probably not. I never said things like this only happen in LC. Do you think things like this DO NOT happen in Lake Co?

You have to admit that the LC crowd is very hard to "get over". I applaud them for being so loud and constantly cheering for their team...win or lose! I think you misunderstood, I only mentioned why I didn't go to the games there, perhaps it would have been better left unsaid, but I said it and can't take it back now.

I just don't feel comfortable in the Lake County Gym. I can't handle it so I stay home. Are there places in Trenton I feel unsafe or uncomfortable.....YES! I don't live under a rock! I know that there are potty mouthed people EVERYWHERE and I try to not purposly put my children in those places. Will I go to Lake County again.....yes, just not to a basketball game. I have a child in another sport and we will travel to Lake County, do I feel threatened or unsafe there.....no. It's just an overwhelming atmosphere in the gym and a lot of people cannot adjust to it. It doesn't make Lake Co. a bad place!

I'm not trying to diss Sisco, but if... let's say... a Randy Frazier... had a team consisting of Doaks, Partee, big Ramsey, pg Fields, Yancy, Brown... WOW! Everybody knows where'd they be in a couple of weeks.

825598019[/snapback]

Frazier is a great coach and has proven his worth...but, this comes under the category of "if ifs and buts were candy and nuts..."