Pickett County Vs. Westmoreland

kaeXo

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go by how both played yesterday, it will be Pickett Co. in a blow out. Westmoreland needed double overtime and a favorable charging call on Meador to defeat Red Boiling, which was a number 4 seed.

Pickett Co., however, totally blew Gordonsville off the court, through the hall, out the door, across the parking lot, and half way back to Smith Co!!!!!!!!!!!! It was 30 to 4 end of 1st quarter and at one point 51 to 15. That lead grew to 71 to 19 which included mass subing by the Bobcats!

I think Pickett felt they had something to prove after losing the district to Clay Co.

And they made quite a statement!!!!!

Now, I know Westmoreland has to be a better team than what they showed yesterday. You don't get to 27 and 1 by not knowing what you are doing.

Pickett is that good just about every night! It will take a monumental effort for Westmoreland to even keep this close. They really shouldn't even be playing right now as "the" call they got against Meador last night saved their season. However it won't last, Pickett Co. will win this game by double digits, Westmoreland cannot match their speed and intensity. Westmoreland is probably the 3 or 4th best team in this tournament, not sure how they are ranked so high in the state but i guess thats why they play the games! thumb

Wow this is a great set up for another Pickett Co. region loss to Westmoreland!!!!! Pickett did not play last night like they did last year and Westmoreland played nothing like they did last year in yesterday's game. This one will be much more evenly matched. Pickett beat Gordonsville by 29 and 35 during the season so last night's game means nothing. Last year the Bobcats took Westmoreland lightly...before the game last year I heard talk about how they were tall and slow, but it was the Bobcats who got blitzed. The worst thing Pickett can do is think Westmoreland will play again like they did last yesterday. All the Bobcats have to do is play like they did last week against Celina and the season is over. RBS let Custer get that 3 pointer off at the end of regulation and it cost them the win. The 'Cats will have to play outstanding D and not miss layups like last night and tip ins. When Pickett beat Westmoreland this year (and Westmoreland didn't count the loss so they aren't really 28-1) the Bobcats had a 14 point lead and let Westmoreland close to 4 points later in the game. This will be no easy game and if any of the Bobcats think it will be, then this will be the end of the season for Pickett Co. Custer has the talent to do it alone, so I hope the Bobcats come ready to play!!!!!