South Pittsburg VS. Temple

bigbody1220

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Temple. Unfortunately you were just as good as I figured you were. You guys have an awesome team that should win it again. I was kind of like some other guys though and was curious why the starters played so long. I think S.P. played everyone. Congrats to S.P. on a good season. Furthest we have been in a long time.

I think it's a smart move on Wadley's part. You don't risk losing this game no matter what and it's a confidence booster for your players. It's also a psychological mind game aimed at other teams down the road in state. Teams look at Temple's previous games and see that Temple scored 96 in their first game and won by 55, and then see that in their second game they scored 111 and won by 35. It could possibly give them an edge later on. And to me it's kind of like boxing, the guy getting pummeled is the guy who throws in the towel. The coach who is down shows he still thinks he has a chance to win it so you have to play it all out and assure yourself of a trip to the boro.

I think it's a smart move on Wadley's part.  You don't risk losing this game no matter what and it's a confidence booster for your players. It's also a psychological mind game aimed at other teams down the road in state. Teams look at Temple's previous games and see that Temple scored 96 in their first game and won by 55, and then see that in their second game they scored 111 and won by 35. It could possibly give them an edge later on. And to me it's kind of like boxing, the guy getting pummeled is the guy who throws in the towel.  The coach who is down shows he still thinks he has a chance to win it so you have to play it all out and assure yourself of a trip to the boro.

825601224[/snapback]

I agree...If you want the winning team to pull, throw in the towel.