Best Coaches

WJBDEVILS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Ritz- Dobyns-Bennett, over 700 wins with two state championships (at Sullivan North) and three state runner-up finishes.

Charlie Baxter- Back at the helm of Unicoi County. 4 state titles in his first tour. Won one title as head softball coach at UC.

Phil Clark, Bartlett. He has the numbers from his tenure at Germantown and has gone into Bartlett and is turning that program into a contender.

He knows how to handle players, has collected a great staff, he motivates parents/boosters. The improvements to the facilities have been tremendous in the 2 1/2 years he's been there. His influence and leadership across the state with TBCA has to be considered. He is great at getting looks and opportunities for his players to get to the next level.

I know that the greatest Coach in my book will always be Coach Rye at Dickson Co. I have had the opportunity to play for two colleges and be around a lot of coaches. I also coach a middle school team myself and i still think that Coach Rye is the best coach for any kid to have to opportunity to play for. He is genuinely concerned for the kids welllfare and teaching more than just baseball without trying to control their outside lives. Last year his team was one out away from the state tourney. He may or may not have 6 or 700 wins but he always wins the games he is supposed to. When you leave his team your mental game in always a step above most everybody elses because he really stresses the mental part of baseball because talent will take you places but a smart ball player will go further. I'm out

my votes are for :

Mike Bartlett - Siegel Middle Assistant/Post-Bell Bus Duty

Travis "Dutch" Holland- Walter J Baird Middle

Ben Bowers- Official 1st and 3rd sign giver of Riverdale

Dustin "Loooongbed" Smith - Murfreesboro Diamondbacks

Aaron "buweeto" Smith- Riverdale Warriors Hitting Instructor and Roving Outfield Instructor

Charlie Lowery- Lebanon High School/Strentgh and Conditioning Coordinator

In the Knoxville area my top 3 coaches would be Tommy Pharr, Clark Wormsley, and Robbie Howard. All 3 are excellent coaches, run top notch programs, and are first class individuals! Their overall records speak for them BUT their former players can tell you even more. I just wonder how long Coach Pharr will stay at Farragut.