MLK-David Lipscomb

muffin

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...that's amazing. I said on the other thread that if DL could shoot like they did against GB last night they might have a chance to win but it sounds like they won in some other way since they only scored 47. Who were the key players of the game? And who got tournament MVP?...Slater maybe if he had another good game tonight.

Well I think it is time for a name change... I'm thinking maybe "BigHeadedRoyalBen". Yes, it is true Lipscomb took it to MLK. In a very poor night for MLK, David Lipscomb came to play. MLK shot terrible from the floor in the second half and just looked absolutely flat. All the momentum was going for the Mustangs. I must say, however, that even though LIpscomb came to play tonight, the refs were most assuredly leaning torward Lipscomb. I think there should have been a few more foul calls and also a few more no calls in some situations. Doc Shelton I think put it well when he told his fellow coaches it feels like we are playing 8 on 5 out there. Congrats to Lipscomb and I hope that the trip home to play your Sub-State game will bid well for you. Maybe this way both teams can head to the Boro.

Tournament MVP -- Jason Brock (David Lipscomb)

All-Tounry Players (From Tonight) -- Slater (DLHS)

Lee (MLK)

Pharr (DLHS)

Hopson (MLK)

K. Smith (MLK)

Brock (MVP--DLHS)

BIG BEN

P.S. Looks as if I am off to Cattanooga...

Well I think it is time for a name change... I'm thinking maybe "BigHeadedRoyalBen".  Yes, it is true Lipscomb took it to MLK.  In a very poor night for MLK, David Lipscomb came to play.  MLK shot terrible from the floor in the second half and just looked absolutely flat.  All the momentum was going for the Mustangs.  I must say, however, that even though LIpscomb came to play tonight, the refs were most assuredly leaning torward Lipscomb.  I think there should have been a few more foul calls and also a few more no calls in some situations.  Doc Shelton I think put it well when he told his fellow coaches it feels like we are playing 8 on 5 out there.  Congrats to Lipscomb and I hope that the trip home to play your Sub-State game will bid well for you.  Maybe this way both teams can head to the Boro.

Lee    (MLK)

Pharr (DLHS)

Hopson (MLK)

K. Smith (MLK)

Brock (MVP--DLHS)

BIG BEN

P.S.  Looks as if I am off to Cattanooga...

825602774[/snapback]

Holding the ball for 4 Minutes,with a 7 point lead did not help Doc,he wishes he had those 4 Minutes back.

Well I think it is time for a name change... I'm thinking maybe "BigHeadedRoyalBen".  Yes, it is true Lipscomb took it to MLK.  In a very poor night for MLK, David Lipscomb came to play.  MLK shot terrible from the floor in the second half and just looked absolutely flat.  All the momentum was going for the Mustangs.  I must say, however, that even though LIpscomb came to play tonight, the refs were most assuredly leaning torward Lipscomb.  I think there should have been a few more foul calls and also a few more no calls in some situations.  Doc Shelton I think put it well when he told his fellow coaches it feels like we are playing 8 on 5 out there.  Congrats to Lipscomb and I hope that the trip home to play your Sub-State game will bid well for you.  Maybe this way both teams can head to the Boro.

Lee    (MLK)

Pharr (DLHS)

Hopson (MLK)

K. Smith (MLK)

Brock (MVP--DLHS)

BIG BEN

P.S.  Looks as if I am off to Cattanooga...

825602774[/snapback]

i have a suggestion for your new screen name. why not be bigheaded blame it on the officials eat crow i love doc run up the score we lost to lipscomb royal ben? :angry:

What did Lipscomb do so well? The 3 other games against MLK has not even been close. Way to find a way DLHS!!!! Now I like the Idea of holding the ball if that gives you the best chance to win, but Doc my goodness that is just stupid. You played right into Lipscombs hands. I would love for the favored team who had blown me out 3 other times to hold the ball and only be down 7. All he did was keep it close. It came back and bit him this time. DLHS gets to host 2 substate games now. Good luck mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good enough for Doc. Just what they needed going into Chattanooga on Monday. I can honestly say I did not think that DLHS was good enough to beat MLK, their outside shooting must have drastically improved from the regular season.

Good luck boys, do your district up right with both of you in M'boro.

Who do both teams match up agains on Monday?