Brentwood Academy in weak DII

timbdp

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure patriot fan is an oakland fan. Maybe I am mistaken, but there are plenty of Oakland fans on here....most of them are not ignorant like this one. I also can't believe these posts, I would like to see the overall record between D2 schools and D1 schools over the past few years, and people would see the talent in D2 is top of the line.

All I know, Brandon is sure fun to watch..... He's filling up gyms wherever he goes....I'm glad I have one more year to watch him, and root against him......

Maybe their division is weak. But BA is not weak by any means. No team in Tennessee wants Brandon Wright in their district or region or whatever. He is the best player in TN, regardless of classification. They would probably win state in most classificiations anyway.

Compared to the teams west of the Tennessee River, there is no question

that BA plays and easier conference schedule (not necessarily easy).  Personally,

I would enjoy seeing a matchup with Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar, White Station, Mitchell, etc.  However, let's be realistic.  Other than a rumored matchup

next year with Mitchell, I don't see anyone of those schools being added to the

schedule (for a variety of reasons).  BA travels out of state because they are

invited to high profile showcase events.  Without question that is because of

Brandan Wright.

BrentwoodAcademy is playing in the Marshall County Hoopfest in Kentucky next season, as are Mitchell, Ridgeway and Bolivar. I wouldn't be surprised if BA meets one of those teams, possibly Mitchell in a great matchup of Brandan Wright and Thaddeus Young.

Edited by kentuckian

I still dont get why BA plays in this division 2 its garbage, there isnt a decent team in there besides baylor maybe, will ba ever get out of this joke DII and start playing in a real division against public schools in which would give them better games and we all know some would beat BA, go ahead and brag about winning state, but in my mind you didnt do anything but beat up on .500 or less teams all year in your division

PAY LESS AND PLAY REAL TEAMS AT YOUR LOCAL PUBLIC SCHOOL!

825603970[/snapback]

The need based financial aid is not about athletics. Most of the kids on financial aid do not play football or basketball. So, BA, MBA, Ryan, Baylor, etc. are not going to start denying many kids the opportunity to attend their schools just to play against public schools in the state tournament. The bigger picture is education to these schools. Athletics just gets all of the headlines.

I am a public school guy and follow AAA boys. I saw the finals on Saturday. I will tell you if Wright plays on any AAA team I saw play this year that team plays in the state next year. BA also is very well coached. You have to give them credit ! Notice I did not say they would walk thru the tournament. They are very good at what they do. He is the best impact player I have seen in years.

I am a public school guy and follow AAA boys. I saw the finals on Saturday. I will tell you if Wright plays on any AAA team I saw play this year that team plays in the state next year. BA also is very well coached. You have to give them credit ! Notice I did not say they would walk thru the tournament. They are very good at what they do. He is the best impact player I have seen in years.

825607004[/snapback]

I am also a AAA boys public school follower who was in attendance at the DII state final on Saturday. Brentwood Academy is the real deal. They left no real doubt in my mind and that was with Boone, probably their second best player, having a very sub-par game. I haven't seen any of the Memphis schools, but as far as middle and east Tennessee go, they are the best I have seen. Wright is a force to be reckoned with inside. His length and instincts are incredible. I was also extremely impressed with the mobility and agility of Michael Orr from Briarcrest. That big fella can play.

I'm sure patriot fan is an oakland fan.  Maybe I am mistaken, but there are plenty of Oakland fans on here....most of them are not ignorant like this one.  I also can't believe these posts, I would like to see the overall record between D2 schools and D1 schools over the past few years, and people would see the talent in D2 is top of the line.

All I know, Brandon is sure fun to watch..... He's filling up gyms wherever he goes....I'm glad I have one more year to watch him, and root against him......

825606855[/snapback]

Based on my quick look, DII Middle was 34-14 against public schools this season. Honestly, I was surprised it was that lopsided. We know BA beat teams like Giles County, Science Hill and MLK, but Ryan had quality wins against Hillsboro, Stratford and McGavock. Even some of the lower tier DII teams had some good wins. (JP2 over Oakland and MBA over Lebanon).

DII is getting better every year in basketball, particularly in Middle Region, which has won every DII State Championship, BTW.

Edited by itzme