Coalfield to the State!

rSquared

Answer me this someone9999, if the Lady Tide can steal the ball away any time they want, how come they lost 5 games this year? I am surprised that teams even scored against them this year. Let me guess, all five starters are being heavily recruited by Pat Summitt.

825605751[/snapback]

We have only lost 3 games to a CLass A school in the last 4 years. That was int he state Chamiponship.

Check out our resume once you find out who we lost to you may rethink your thoughts. And we dont have anybody getting recruited real big like the SEC, but Jessica Bobbit. Class A MISS BASKETBALL finalist will block quite a few shots, mark my work...maybe even without jumping.

Edited by Tidepride

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Senior, with a full roster of about 9 ball players in total. They have mostly played with each other, or against each other since they were about 6 years old in the little league program.

825605598[/snapback]

CYJacket, I heared that Coalfeild's gals got one moore playor on theyre teem. They pick't up ann 8th grador, sinse the middel schoul turnaments.

I think some of you are missing the point some of Peabody fans are trying to make. Their team has been to the tourny 4 years in a row. That says alot about a teams chemistry. No doubt Coafield is a good team, they too have made it to the tourny this year. Make no mistake about it, this is the time of year when the scores are suppose to be close & keep the fans on edge. It will be a good game.

USJ is not associated with Peabody school.

Well, nobody's going to get extra points for trash talking on CoachT.

I'll just Peabody is a great team and may be the tournament favorite, but Coalfield isn't going to roll over and play dead. The Lady Jackets have the same goal starting Wednesday afternoon and that's to win the Gold Ball and brick it down Coal Hill Road.

By the way, Oakdale was given no chance in the first round against No. 1 ranked Collinwood in 1990 and the Lady Eagles won. So there is some hope for these girls from Morgan County.

Good Luck Coalfield.

I think some of you are missing the point some of Peabody fans are trying to make. Their team has been to the tourny 4 years in a row. That says alot about a teams chemistry. No doubt Coafield is a good team, they too have made it to the tourny this year. Make no mistake about it, this is the time of year when the scores are suppose to be close & keep the fans on edge. It will be a good game.

USJ is not associated with Peabody school.

825607351[/snapback]

I know that USJ is not associated with Peabody, point was that in that particular sport and State Tourney that invinceble attitude was cast toward Coalfield to the point that even the uniforms were made fun of, and that USJ was sent packing.

Look, Peabody has played a good schedule, has twice the enrollment of Coalfield, and a very good basketball player that is in line for a good award. Put that together on paper and it could look bad, but Coalfield may be made out of John Wayne Toilet paper, and you better not overlook them, that gets good teams on paper beat..

Yeah festus they picked up one eigth grade to round out a 10 player line up. Wow, a big bad school like Peabody may actually play against an 8th grader it it gets too bad. ;)

Some of Peabody fans may be looking passed Coalfield, but I assure you, their players ARE NOT. They are smarter than that. They are focused on the task at hand. I will never say that we WILL beat the other team; however, I will say that they are a very determined team and will give it ALL they've got. Many thought their chances of a State trip was over after Yancy tore her ACL at Milan. But our girls have stepped up and made it happen. They have a thirst for the game and the win.

Word, I think you're welcome anytime. It's really ok, we're used to the no respect happens quite a bit. Sometimes we have to earn it, other times it just doesn't happen. Good luck to the Indians and I'm hoping for our district finals. That is the ulitmate. ;)

Edited by CYJacket

Ummmm.....I think I've already said this in another post. The teams (all the teams, A, AA, AAA) in this tournament are not jumping from 1st round to the championship game. They are focused on one game at a time. The fans are the ones jumping ahead. At this stage all the teams are good teams. The scores are expected to be close & keep the fans on the edge of their seats. Good luck to all the teams. Hope everyone brings a good crowd. I'm loading up now as it is a

l..o..n..g.. drive & I want to get a good parking spot & great seat. See you all there!

Ummmm.....I think I've already said this in another post. The teams (all the teams, A, AA, AAA) in this tournament are not jumping from 1st round to the championship game. They are focused on one game at a time. The fans are the ones jumping ahead. At this stage all the teams are good teams. The scores are expected to be close & keep the fans on the edge of their seats.  Good luck to all the teams. Hope everyone brings a good crowd. I'm loading up now as it is a

l..o..n..g.. drive & I want to get a good parking spot & great seat. See you all there!

825607639[/snapback]

If you've been to Murphy Center/Monte Hale Arena as much as you say, you would know there isn't a bad seat in the house. Go Blue Raiders, MTSU, B.S. 1982/Masters 1986. :(

Edited by CYJacket