Shelbyville Out?

DelTavian

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I to am glad Shelbyville is out. Not only because they put Columbia out in the regional but its time Rick learns to respect his peers. In Columbia last year, his team was up by 34 points with 4 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and he still had all his starters in, still in a full court press. Why? What was to gain? He was risking injury to his starters while trying to humilate his opponents. We beat them by 18 & 17 in two regular season games this year. Early this season, his team was awful. They were so bad that it didn't feel that great to beat them by 18. He and his posey did a great job advancing as far as they did. But, at his age, he still has a few things to learn.

Del (who doesn't have a problem with a whole community, just one coach and one team.)

825604633[/snapback]

Why would a grown man have a problem with a group of high school girls? Coach, I could see having a problem with him, everybody hates losing, but someone has got to win, BUT the team? Come on, grow up! These are just girls wanting to play basketball.

And Warrior, I thought what the student section was shouting every time that Jarrell was shooting her foul shouts was abosulutey (sp) uncalled for. Yell "Miss It", scream, holler, but when you start attacking a 15 year old girl with Personal Names such as Sasquatch (sp) that is really tacky and extremely classless. I can understand the rivalry, but at least do it with class and not embarass your whole community.

Like I said a few months back, take it to the coach, he's a man, he can handle it but leave those girls alone. You didn't see any Shelbyville fans calling your girls names, and no I am not an older person, I am younger than 40 so don't come back with the geriatic comments.

Eaglettes will be back and sooner than you think! Better practice this summer.

Del (who doesn't have a problem with a whole community, just one coach and one team.)

825604633[/snapback]

Why would a grown man have a problem with a group of high school girls? Coach, I could see having a problem with him, everybody hates losing, but someone has got to win, BUT the team? Come on, grow up! These are just girls wanting to play basketball.

And Warrior, I thought what the student section was shouting every time that Jarrell was shooting her foul shouts was abosulutey (sp) uncalled for. Yell "Miss It", scream, holler, but when you start attacking a 15 year old girl with Personal Names such as Sasquatch (sp) that is really tacky and extremely classless. I can understand the rivalry, but at least do it with class and not embarass your whole community.

Like I said a few months back, take it to the coach, he's a man, he can handle it but leave those girls alone. You didn't see any Shelbyville fans calling your girls names, and no I am not an older person, I am younger than 40 so don't come back with the geriatic comments.

825605084[/snapback]

I have no problem with any girl on the team who's from Shelbyville. If they're all from Shelbyville they they're all ok with me. I don't know who is and who isn't. I'm quite sure there's nothing that will ever be done about things I care about so in turn I've tried not to care over the last few years.

But any girl on the team who actually grew up in Shelbyville that's on the team is a great kid as far as I'm concerned.

That help clear it up for you any?

Del.

825605084[/snapback]

You may be right about what their student section shouted. It was probably unacceptable. But, since you are from Shelbyville it is really hard for you to know what is acceptable. In order to find the SCHS student section you will need to go to the mall, if you have one, or some other local hangout. They certainly aren't at the game.

You had a great year but as the Little Man has always told you the season is broke into three parts: Before Christmas, After Christmas and the Tournaments. This year you lost all three. Maybe you can win the sumer, though, as you say.

As far as Coach Insell, his family, the Eaglettes and my children are concerned none of you have a clue what you are talking about. You offer derogatory comments, cheap shots and half-truths. Somebody’s “star” player decides that she wants to play BB in college some years ago and her parents move to Shelbyville believing it would prepare her better for this challenge. Allegations start flying about recruiting and now we have what we have. Since most of you don’t know where our girls are or are not “from” perhaps you should investigate before belittling a coach, team and “PROGRAM”. The personal shots are what bother me. It’s not the fact that they are made, lack of class is one of the problems with being human. It’s the fact they are allowed on a site like this which I was lead to believe was about sports. I see assaults on school and coach integrity. Even ugly comments in this thread about school supporters. So what you should say is board rules and restrictions apply to every school and coach but Shelbyville Central High School and Coach Rick Insell. Justice is served though, because this is the feeling in this little world. I am a relative new comer here I only know what I seen in two years. The rewards for the time and dedication my daughter has given, of her own free will, will be evident long after she graduates. More and more schools and coaches are discovering this. It is one reason girl’s high school basketball is displaying so much parity in Tennessee. The fact is Rick Insell is a major contributor to this trend. He was one of the few coaches that raised the bar in the 70’s and 80’s. Others had no choice if they wanted to remain competitive. Now, if you beat Shelbyville, your program has arrived. The irony is, once you do beat them some have nothing but resentment for them. I have followed SCHS for 28 years off and on as life and career have permitted. Their magic pill is “hard work”, their creed “family”. You need not worry about the future teams in Shelbyville. Our AAU program is stocked full of homegrown talent that you will see soon enough. As long as Coach Insell and his staff are there and as dedicated to the program as they are now the Golden Eaglettes will be the team to beat from Region 4, District 8AAA. thumb

Edited by FlatCreekJim

You may be right about what their student section shouted. It was probably unacceptable. But, since you are from Shelbyville it is really hard for you to know what is acceptable. In order to find the SCHS student section you will need to go to the mall, if you have one, or some other local hangout. They certainly aren't at the game.

You had a great year but as the Little Man has always told you the season is broke into three parts: Before Christmas, After Christmas and the Tournaments. This year you lost all three. Maybe you can win the sumer, though, as you say.

825605124[/snapback]

Whether there is a student section or not is irrelevant, and I was right (not maybe right), and it was unacceptable, not probably. I was there and I know what I heard. My child wouldn't be able to show her face to her friends if she ever done that to another player. I would have made her apolgize to that young lady to her face.

AND what does being from Shelbyville have to do with knowing what is acceptable or not? The people in Bedford Co. are very respectful and seem to do what is acceptable to society in general. I am sure we have a few that aren't but don't you have some too? I am new to Eaglette program (and don't get any ideas about my daughter being recuited to Shelbyville), we have lived here for over 13 years now, she couldn't have been recuited at the age of 10 months. She is good but I don't know about if she was that good at 10 months. She was walking but not very interested in basketball at the time.

I know there are haters of Shelbyville Basketball and I also know you guys should let your grudges go. The teams change from year to year, some good, some excellent, and some not as good as the past teams but still better than most. Anyone beating Shelbyville this year ISN"T beating State Champions of last year. (This years team has worked really hard to get as far as they did, and we are very proud of them!) You guys had your chance then. Better enjoy it now because after the summer you will get another surprise with the Eaglettes. They are only going up from here.

The final teams in this year games deserve their places. Good luck to them all and we are looking forward to seeing the championship games on Sat. Will be our first time and I really hope we enjoy it. Good luck to Oakland and Mt. Juliet. First time to see Oakland play (thurs) and they really hustle and Mt. Juliet is the cream of the crop this year.

And please don't get on here and start bashing me for not mentioning the other teams, these are the two I would like to see in Championship. Remember opinions are a dime a dozen.