Obion Co.vs Austin East

rebfan65

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO AE, I can't believe some of these post? You were even all the way and the better team won, PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've represented region 2 well so far, keep it up, take care of Bolivar....

825613086[/snapback]

The game was by no means "even all the way". OC built an 11-4 lead to start the game and kept around a 6 point lead all they way until right before halftime when AE hit a couple big shots and tied it up going into the half. The OC came out built a 4-6 point lead right awat and kept it until #22 hit two bigtime three pointers midway through the 4th quarter. I am not taking anything away from AE, just pointing out the facts. The only score that matters is the one at the end of the game. Ohio State never led against Illinois until thet hit their final shot with only seconds remaining and got the win. Final score is all that matters.

And, by the way Obion's defensive scheme did have something to do with it, along with turnovers and missed box outs at the worst possible times.

Simply put, Austin East out-played Obion Co. when it mattered most.  Obion Co.'s style of defense wasn't an issue.  Playing hard wasn't an issue.  Whether travelling violations were real or not wasn't an issue.  One team's freshmen being better than the other's wasn't an issue.  Turnovers, allowing offensive rebounds at the end of regulation and in both overtimes, and poor free-throw shooting by OC was the difference.  I'm taking nothing away from Austin East.  They did what they had to do to win the game.  We could talk about "if's" for a hundred years, but it doesn't change the fact that last night, Austin East was the better team when it counted.  If we played again, I would expect it to go down to the wire again.  This was a great game played by two great teams who both proved worthy of being in the State Tournament. 

Lady Rebels, we're proud of you.  Be proud of what you accomplished this year, but remember the feeling and build on it for next year.  Let's make an early March trip to Murfreesboro a yearly thing.   

Lady Roadrunners, congratulations, and keep playing hard and maybe we'll meet again in the future.  Remember, not all Obion Co. fans were on here talking smack before the game.  Most of us can win with class and lose with class.

GO LADY REBS!!!

and especially now.....

Go Lady Chargers!!

825613169[/snapback]

PowerSet, I wish all fans were like you! AE played their hearts out and they still can't get any love from their foes... The best of luck to OC next year, AE hopes to see ya in March again next year. This AE team is very young so this could be a seasonal trip for them.

Once again, 1 down 2 to go!!

Edited by AERoadrunners

I'm not positive about this because I didn't write it down, but OC outscored AE by 5 after 1 and the AE outscored OC by 5 after 2 to tie it up @ the half. I think the same thing happened by 3 points in the 3rd and 4th to tie it up @ then end of regulation. Then neck and neck and tied again after 1st OT. Then AE WON!!!!

Way to go Region 2 champs AE, take care of Bolivar and then bring home the GOLD!!!

AE you have the respect of your region 2 foes!!!

Edited by bballmom

First off Congrats to AE on a HARD fought win over OC. This game was everything that high school sports should be, BOTH teams playing as hard as they could for 4 quarters, and 2 overtimes. As of this post, AE is in the final, GOOD LUCK to you. You have a very talented group of ladies. OC did commit too many turnovers, and many of those very uncharacteristic of this group. I for one would pay good money to see these two teams hook-up again in the future. Lady Rebs...Congrats on a great season, and on the classy way you conduct yourselves, and how you represent the school. We are all VERY PROUD of all of you. When you look at the injuries, and such that this team has had to deal with, and how far they have come, you have to be PROUD of this group. As said in an earlier post, those of you returning, remember this, and build on it for next season. Playing High School sports requires a total dedication to making yourself better everyday, and those of you who have weathered several storms, both on and off the court deserve our RESPECT, and trust me, you have it. I cannot say enough about how good a group of young ladies this is. And that is off the court as well as your basketball skills. As for me, allow me to say it is an honor to watch you play, as it has always been. Again, thanks for a great season. I think you will see this team make return trip(s) to the 'boro. Also congrats to Westview on a fine season. Next year, OC, the 'View, GC, DC, Crockett, and Dyersburg, who is in the AAA state final. I would say 13AA will again be a TOUGH place to play.

as always.........

GO LADY REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by VOREBS

The game was by no means "even all the way". OC built an 11-4 lead to start the game and kept around a 6 point lead all they way until right before halftime when AE hit a couple big shots and tied it up going into the half. The OC came out built a 4-6 point lead right awat and kept it until #22 hit two bigtime three pointers midway through the 4th quarter. I am not taking anything away from AE, just pointing out the facts. The only score that matters is the one at the end of the game. Ohio State never led against Illinois until thet hit their final shot with only seconds remaining and got the win. Final score is all that matters.

And, by the way Obion's defensive scheme did have something to do with it, along with turnovers and missed box outs at the worst possible times.

825613194[/snapback]

So, you would play a zone against a team of young ladies that can shoot the 3 and did with people on them all night. If OC used a zone as you proclaim they should have, it wouldn't have even gone to overtime. AE can shoot the lights out beyond the arc. A Zone is not the universal answer. If you go zone they shoot and hit the 3 and if you go man then they drive. Good teams beat good teams. You're discrediting the Lady Rebels effort during the game. They played an exceptional contest, but weren't able to pull out the win. Congratulations to OCCHS on a fine season.

Edited by sportsradiotn