Giles County vs. Humboldt

GCfan79

and next year it's back to the real world for them.

But boy these last four years sure have been fun for them.

Maybe only one state championship to show for it, but boy

have Tyler & company given them some great games &

great memories.

Take a bow Tyler as the rest of district 9AA bids you a

fond farewell.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i honestly cant believe Humboldt won but congrats. GCfan yall just havent had much luck against the teams in our district the last couple of years have you....i know what it is....the Curse of the Bolivar Tigers.

825608785[/snapback]

Gosh I had forgotten about the miracle shot from half court two years

in the sub-state that got them their only trip to the Boro.

Boy would that have been a heartbreaker...to have a player like

Tyler & never make it to the state.

It's true, there is a very line between winning & losing at that level.

Edited by tigerman

Not much you can say about the game. There was a very serious problem with the fouls and upkeep of the scoreboard tonight. Joe Shivers and Tyler Smith were both apparently given an extra foul. Tyler should have fouled out sooner, and Shivers would have been gone early in the fourth as well.

It was a poorly officiated game all-around, but that doesn't even begin to make up for the fact that Giles County had the most monumental collapse in school history.

Lay off Coach Holt.. He won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, in a year that he was not supposed to. Many HS coaches, even great ones, have never won a State title... Coach Holt has had a ton of wins and a state championship over the past three years, so get off his back... Giles has talent, but so does a lot of West Tn teams, so a loss in Substate does not make Holt a bad coach... This drives me nuts: HE BROUGHT HOME A STATE TITLE TWO YEARS AGO!!!

Lay off Coach Holt.. He won a STATE CHAMPIONSHIP, in a year that he was not supposed to. Many HS coaches, even great ones, have never won a State title... Coach Holt has had a ton of wins and a state championship over the past three years, so get off his back... Giles has talent, but so does a lot of West Tn teams, so a loss in Substate does not make Holt a bad coach... This drives me nuts: HE BROUGHT HOME A STATE TITLE TWO YEARS AGO!!!

825608965[/snapback]

Yeah, but how many points did Joe Shivers & Josh Dotson have?

And as for subbing, check this one out:

For Jackson North Side tonight...

Star F Dell Coleman picked up his 3rd fould just two minutes into the 2nd quarter. He played the rest of the half. Dell picked up his fourth three minutes into the 3rd, yet still stayed in the game... Dell sat briefly in the fourth quarter, and fouled out with three minutes left... The kid played most of the game, in constant foul trouble, without his coach taking him out...

Richard Delk the same thing.. constant foul trouble the entire game, and did not sit hardly at all until fouling out with 2 minutes to go...

Jackson North Side won tonight...

Guest catfish-hunter

Hey gomab, you are to Tennessee high school basketball what Murphy Fair is to football in a way. You get a lot of publicity for lots of players who'd never be recognized otherwise. I have nothing but respect for you and all of your posts.

Giles Co. should have made it to the substate for the past three, maybe even four years. I live in Cheatham Co. and I am a huge fan of all three of the teams in our county, but not a single one of those schools is running talent out on the floor like Giles Co. does. That was shown in this year's regional tourney when Giles abused both Harpeth and Cheatham Co. The two est teams in Sycamore basketball history were beaten by Giles each of the past two years in the regional final. Waverly had a GREAT team this year, but they really did not challenge Giles Co. in the regional final. Scores can sometimes be decieving thumb The last decent team in Giles Co.'s district was the Marshall County 2001-2002 team. IT IS NOW 2005!!! There has not been a single game in the past three years where Giles was challenged by a district foe.

It is 100% true that state championships don't fall off of trees, but Giles Co. was a lock for the Sectionals for the past three years now. They got to play all three of those games in Pulaski. They won 1 out of 3 of those games and the win came off of a prayer shot against Bolivar in 2003. You can't say that talent is the reason because there have been some exceptional players pass through Giles Co. for the past four years. Jackson South Side was not really a "bad loss" at home a year ago because they were the runner-up to Bolivar. We'll just have to see how Humboldt does to judge whether they are a team that had no business winning at Giles Co., but I'm sure the folks in Pulaski would have liked to make more than one trip to the 'Boro.

I agree that it is surprising and dissapointing that Giles has lost the last two Substates: I just can't stand all of this bad talk about Coach Holt, a guy who won a State title beating a great Bolivar team, a very, very good Haywood club, and a Ridgeway team I thought was a lock to win... Coach Holt may not be the best coach in the state (Rudesill, :lol: ), but I just hate to see a guy get blasted like this after so many wins and a ring...

Talk about coaching blunders.... It worked out to his advantage I guess, but Humboldt's coach almost cost his team the game tonight. In the fourth quarter when EVERYTHING going Giles County's way, Tyler Smith lets loose a THUNDEROUS dunk that CRIPPLES his dunk over Brandon Wright by far. Anyway, the place goes NUTS and the Humboldt coach doesn't even call a time-out.

Lucky for him Shivers or whoever shot that three was on because if he clanks that three , momentum swings well back in favor of GCHS and they probably go on the Murfreesboro.