Giles County vs. Humboldt

GCfan79

Guest catfish-hunter
I must tip my hat off to Humboldt. They won end of story.

To Catfish,  I am a true Giles County Fan first and a Tsmith Fan Next!!.  I do not care what type of team we have next year, i will follow them!! Case Close!! I promise you, I  will not make anymore comments to you or about you!! Even if you continue to make stupid statements!!

825609886[/snapback]

I'm glad that you are gonna follow Giles Co. basketball next year. In fact, I hope that you guys do well. You are not in our district, so as far as regular season play goes you guys don't make or break our success from November 'til February. You said "even if you continue to make stupid tatements". Well buddy, I must say that you are the only one making stupid statements. Since Giles Co. lost last night, I have not once gotten on here and started making jokes about it. WHY??? I don't find it humerous when solid high school playing careers come to an end. You on the other hand are the exact opposite. You got on my thread dedicated to the Sycamore seniors last week and made a big joke about how we lost and how their careers were over. It looks like to me that you are the one that needs to check before posting thumb Good luck to you guys and maybe we'll see yall in about a year.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel for the Bobcats;I'mproud of the vikings. Catfish: tcross and others do not speak for bobcat faNS. i'LLBET THAT YOU DON'T HEAR FROM THEM NEXT YEAR CAUSE THEY ARE ALL "FRONT-RUNNERS' tHEY HAVE RODE tYLER tRAVIS,jARVIS,CASH,WEEZY...ETC AND PRETENDED TO BE FAns. how can you not be able to work the clock for 54 seconds ?????? It's coaching' it's discipline' It's character.. All the things we have missed after the 2003 gift from God. Giles Co. will NEVER be in the hunt in boy's basket ball again!!! Write it down and quote it next year !!! GO WAYNE COUNTY !!!1 The REAL CATS !!!!!@!!!!!!

Ok Catfish, I was starting to think that you have posted some pretty good comments and then you go and post this. You truly show that you are a cheatham county fan and that you are blinded by that sense of reality. Sycamore had their shot at Giles the previous three years Waverly had their shot this year. All of them ended with Giles winning and there is no disputing that. However, Sycamore did put up a good fight when they played them and they were in the ballgame for a lot of the way one year. We give you credit for that. And then you go and post that Waverly had a great team this year and that we didnt really challenge Giles? How about the game being tied towards the end of the 3rd and Waverly having 2 or 3 chances to go ahead but just missing their shots in the middle of the 4th? I guess the score in your head must be deceiving you because the game I was watching was a 2-4 point ballgame with Waverly fouling at the end to make it 11. It is amazing to me that you give Waverly credit by being a great team and then you say we didnt even challenge Giles? What do you call a challenge? Us winning? Well if that is it, then I guess we didnt challenge them. Just because you are mad we had a chance to win do not take credit away from Waverly. Waverly and Sycamore both ended their seasons the exact same way by way of Giles and Bolivar but I still cannot fathom your quote on how Waverly was not in the game against Giles. I really wonder about the credit I have been giving you in your posts.

Hey gomab, you are to Tennessee high school basketball what Murphy Fair is to football in a way.  You get a lot of publicity for lots of players who'd never be recognized otherwise.  I have nothing but respect for you and all of your posts. 

Giles Co. should have made it to the substate for the past three, maybe even four years.  I live in Cheatham Co. and I am a huge fan of all three of the teams in our county, but not a single one of those schools is running talent out on the floor like Giles Co. does.  That was shown in this year's regional tourney when Giles abused both Harpeth and Cheatham Co.  The two est teams in Sycamore basketball history were beaten by Giles each of the past two years in the regional final.  Waverly had a GREAT team this year, but they really did not challenge Giles Co. in the regional final.  Scores can sometimes be decieving thumb  The last decent team in Giles Co.'s district was the Marshall County 2001-2002 team.  IT IS NOW 2005!!!  There has not been a single game in the past three years where Giles was challenged by a district foe. 

It is 100% true that state championships don't fall off of trees, but Giles Co. was a lock for the Sectionals for the past three years now.  They got to play all three of those games in Pulaski.  They won 1 out of 3 of those games and the win came off of a prayer shot against Bolivar in 2003.  You can't say that talent is the reason because there have been some exceptional players pass through Giles Co. for the past four years.  Jackson South Side was not really a "bad loss" at home a year ago because they were the runner-up to Bolivar.  We'll just have to see how Humboldt does to judge whether they are a team that had no business winning at Giles Co., but I'm sure the folks in Pulaski would have liked to make more than one trip to the 'Boro.

825608997[/snapback]

Ok Catfish, I was starting to think that you have posted some pretty good comments and then you go and post this.  You truly show that you are a cheatham county fan and that you are blinded by that sense of reality.  Sycamore had their shot at Giles the previous three years Waverly had their shot this year.  All of them ended with Giles winning and there is no disputing that.  However, Sycamore did put up a good fight when they played them and they were in the ballgame for a lot of the way one year.  We give you credit for that.  And then you go and post that Waverly had a great team this year and that we didnt really challenge Giles?  How about the game being tied towards the end of the 3rd and Waverly having 2 or 3 chances to go ahead but just missing their shots in the middle of the 4th?  I guess the score in your head must be deceiving you because the game I was watching was a 2-4 point ballgame with Waverly fouling at the end to make it 11.  It is amazing to me that you give Waverly credit by being a great team and then you say we didnt even challenge Giles? What do you call a challenge?  Us winning?  Well if that is it, then I guess we didnt challenge them.  Just because you are mad we had a chance to win do not take credit away from Waverly.  Waverly and Sycamore both ended their seasons the exact same way by way of Giles and Bolivar but I still cannot fathom your quote on how Waverly was not in the game against Giles.  I really wonder about the credit I have been giving you in your posts.

825610407[/snapback]

Guest catfish-hunter
Ok Catfish, I was starting to think that you have posted some pretty good comments and then you go and post this.  You truly show that you are a cheatham county fan and that you are blinded by that sense of reality.  Sycamore had their shot at Giles the previous three years Waverly had their shot this year.  All of them ended with Giles winning and there is no disputing that.  However, Sycamore did put up a good fight when they played them and they were in the ballgame for a lot of the way one year.  We give you credit for that.  And then you go and post that Waverly had a great team this year and that we didnt really challenge Giles?  How about the game being tied towards the end of the 3rd and Waverly having 2 or 3 chances to go ahead but just missing their shots in the middle of the 4th?  I guess the score in your head must be deceiving you because the game I was watching was a 2-4 point ballgame with Waverly fouling at the end to make it 11.  It is amazing to me that you give Waverly credit by being a great team and then you say we didnt even challenge Giles? What do you call a challenge?  Us winning?  Well if that is it, then I guess we didnt challenge them.  Just because you are mad we had a chance to win do not take credit away from Waverly.  Waverly and Sycamore both ended their seasons the exact same way by way of Giles and Bolivar but I still cannot fathom your quote on how Waverly was not in the game against Giles.  I really wonder about the credit I have been giving you in your posts.

825610407[/snapback]

Did Waverly ever get the game to within one possesion in the 4th??? I can tell you right now that Giles Co. had to come from behind last year to beat Sycamore. The War Eagles led that game by double figures believe it or not Carney. If I said Giles dominated the game, then I'll admit that was the wrong usage of words. Giles Co. did CONTROL the game against Waverly from start to finish. In Sycamore's first regional final game back in 2002, they lost by 4-points to Marshall County. Marshall County controlled that game from start to finish and the reason Sycamore got as close as they did is because Marshall Co. could not throw it in the ocean from the foul line. You can actually control a game from start to finish and only win by single digits Carney. Every solid win does not have to be a 20+ point blowout.

Did Waverly ever get the game to within one possesion in the 4th???  I can tell you right now that Giles Co. had to come from behind last year to beat Sycamore.  The War Eagles led that game by double figures believe it or not Carney.  If I said Giles dominated the game, then I'll admit that was the wrong usage of words.  Giles Co. did CONTROL the game against Waverly from start to finish.  In Sycamore's first regional final game back in 2002, they lost by 4-points to Marshall County.  Marshall County controlled that game from start to finish and the reason Sycamore got as close as they did is because Marshall Co. could not throw it in the ocean from the foul line.  You can actually control a game from start to finish and only win by single digits Carney.  Every solid win does not have to be a 20+ point blowout.

825610863[/snapback]

Wrong usage of words? You are on here all the time catfish so I know you can go back and read what you wrote. Quote: "Waverly never challenged Giles in the region final. Scores can sometimes be deceiving" Yeah, that's what you said. And yes, it was to one possession in the fourth quarter until the loose ball saved back in bounds and then kicked to the corner for nelson to hit a 3. Yeah, we gave Sycamore their props and you cannot take it that Waverly had a chance to win. Did they? No. But they had their shot and you have a problem admitting it because you have to always make sure you take something away from them. Oh yeah, and btowntigers. I am glad you are taking sides with catfish but you need to learn to read the post and what we are talking about. We are talking about giles county vs. waverly not bolivar vs. waverly. Bolivar beat us hands down and their is no disputing that. I know they are your team and the greatest team ever so read before you post.