BEST BUSH LEAGUE COMMENT YOU'VE HEARD

ccriders25

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

coach writes 4-3 in the stat book. freshman asks what does four three mean??? drives me crazy!!!

guy gets backwards k... the pitcher said can i help you, and the batter said nah just lookin.

another thing that bothers me is when a player throws the bat to the dugout on a close pitch with three balls and the ump calls it a strike. im gonna ask riverdale this one, does that just make you wanna ring somebody up???

coach writes 4-3 in the stat book. freshman asks what does four three mean??? drives me crazy!!!

guy gets backwards k... the pitcher said can i help you, and the batter said nah just lookin.

another thing that bothers me is when a player throws the bat to the dugout on a close pitch with three balls and the ump calls it a strike. im gonna ask riverdale this one, does that just make you wanna ring somebody up???

if you are asking me?....i have been know to call strke 3 on a kid who thought it was ball 4 but it isnt because of him thrwoing the bat thinking it was ball four it was becasue i thought it was strike 3 LOL you know what i mean..his action doesnt cause mine

1. "Nice route...you look like Helen Keller out there..."

(Spoken when an outfielder takes a bad angle.)

2. "Nice paddles meat...do those double as ping pong paddles?

3. "Couldnt catch herpes in a #####house."

4. "Is that that kids legs or is he riding a ostrich?" (Kid with skinny legs)

5. "Last time I saw legs that skinny they had a message tied to them."

6. Last...I heard a coach actually tell an umpire on his way out of the park..."You are a pimple on the A## of baseball."

Edited by JHITE7

While coaching a 10 yr old summer team, we had just played a weaker team and beat them pretty bad. Going thru the line at the end of the game I overheard one of their players ( a pudgy kid with glasses who seemed to be relieved the game was over and that he had escaped injury) telling our kids as he met each one -- "good game, good game, thanks for the a## whoopin, good game, good game, thanks for the a## whoopin, etc. Thought I was gonna die!!

All from the same coach:

On a road trip: "You don't need maps; if you get lost, just follow me."

To a future all-stater: "You don't have what it takes to be a good high-school player."

About his shortstop: "He's too slow to play anywhere else, so he's gotta play shortstop."

About his hitting philosophy: "Hit ground balls and they won't get us out--choke and poke." About his pitching philosophy: "Make them hit ground balls and we'll get them out--make them choke and poke."

About motivation: "If we lose it's all your fault and I'll put your gear in the parking lot."

About job security: "My Dad is big in local politics."

About winning and losing: "We won 28 games agains weenies so our 0-16 conference record doesn't represent what a good job I did."

While playin ball in college, we were playin a rival team. During a poor pick-off attempt from the opposing pitcher, one of our players yelled, "I'VE SEEN BETTER PICKS IN AN AFRO!!!" Everyone got a kick out of that, even the opposing team. The pitcher actually had to step off because he started laughing...