FRESHMEN PITCHERS

COMEGETSOME07

HIXSON HAS A GOOD  FRESHMEN PITCHER.........SHE MADE THE ALL TOURNAMENT TEAM IN THE COMMANDO CLASSIC THIS PAST WEEKEND........

825626285[/snapback]

I would like to know the name of the young lady who plays left field for Hixon. She ran all over the place snagging flys and fielding balls. She even dove THROUGH the back breakaway fence to take away a homerun hit by one of Riverdales players. That kid is a great outfielder.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Coach 23, If you look at the Commando tournament results, I didnt do too bad picking the best pitchers. And you thought I didnt have a clue of what I was talking about.

825626145[/snapback]

Now, Now, swingaway....I didn't say you didn't know what you were talking about....just trying to see if you did. I must say....a good list...actually very good. You covered the state much better than expected....not as one sided (mid-state sided) as some. Kudos. There are a couple out of the Knoxville area I think are missing....but maybe they still need to prove themselves at the state level! After this weekend....is Peroni still the best in the state?

Now, Now, swingaway....I didn't say you didn't know what you were talking about....just trying to see if you did.  I must say....a good list...actually very good.  You covered the state much better than expected....not as one sided (mid-state sided) as some.  Kudos.  There are a couple out of the Knoxville area I think are missing....but maybe they still need to prove themselves at the state level!  After this weekend....is Peroni still the best in the state?

825626620[/snapback]

Peroni might not be the hardest thrower, but she has the confidence and poise, along with a good assortment of pitches with control, that I consider her the best in the state. Is she good enough for the SEC?..only time will tell.

To top freshmen pitchers you might want to add a freshman who pitches for the nighthawks, or did. She is a short stocky girl with short blond hair. She goes to club k. I dont know what high school she attends but she seems to be good. Anybody know her name?

825620848[/snapback]

:o it could be kenzie dye. i wonder if that is who you are talking about. but she plays for the mt. juliet diamonds (16u) now. she played for the nighthawks 3 or 4 years ago. she attends friendship christian highschool and is a freshman. and yes she has short blonde hair.

I would like to know the name of the young lady who plays left field for Hixon. She ran all over the place snagging flys and fielding balls. She even dove THROUGH the back breakaway fence to take away a homerun hit by one of Riverdales players. That kid is a great outfielder.

825626338[/snapback]

Her name is Jenna Abbot. She is actually the starting pitcher for Hixson, a senior. She sure did make a great outfielder. She must have caught half dozen fly balls against Riverdale. The one where she stopped the homerun over the fence was the best.

I believe the freshman class to be the best in a long time for pitchers.  Most of these girls grew up together during pitching lessons through club k and travel ball.  I have personnally witnessed Cat, Riley, and my daughter Devon go from nine year old pitchers with just fastballs to becoming great competitors on the field.  They have always had a great respect for each other and they are just good girls.  I look forward to the next four years of them battling each other each.  Just these postings have motivated my daughter to push herself to be better, in fact she was clocked at 60 average last night, that is 3 mph increase in three months.  I am proud to see all these girls do so well from the nashville area, and give the Chattanooga girls a run for their money.

825620536[/snapback]

Are you familiar with the 13 yr old 8th grader from Huntingdon, TN. Brooke Thomas? If so, whataya think?

Are you familiar with the 13 yr old 8th grader from Huntingdon, TN. Brooke Thomas? If so, whataya think?

825627260[/snapback]

The Freshmen pitcher from Gibbs pitched 1 1/2 games and had only one earned run scored on her (which was a home run over the fence) so don't count her out yet, They have two Junior Pitchers and the Freshmen

Edited by softballmom11

Well, COACH 23, ok here goes:

(Notice this is my opinion. To anybody reading this :you are  welcome to post your opinion, but in interest of the girls , and they do read this board, please keep your comments positive.

These girls  are not in any kind of order and I am very sure I  have let a really good one  slip my mind but this is the best I can do at the moment.)

Top freshman pitchers:                 

Riley Mashburn ( Brentwood)

Cat Hosfield ( Riverdale)

Devon ( Goodpasture)

Lauren Baker ( Beech)

Holly Thomas ( Ootawah)

There is also an Austin eagles pitcher who is really good but her name escapes me.

Katie Ayers ( Ravenwood)

Britney Pruitt ( Ravenwood)

Top High School Pitchers all ages:

D. Pieroni ( Goodpasture)

Holly Thomas ( Ootawah)

Nikki Waters ( Soddy)

Holifield ( Alcoa)

Kandice Irwin ( Central)

Stacy Fairbanks ( Soddy)

Falon Catalano ( Riverdale)

Kaitlin Hollaway ( GPS)

Kassie Stanfill ( Beech)

Ashley Elrod ( Rossview)

Ryley Mashburn( Brentwood)

Bailee Lott ( Brentwood)

Cat Hosfiled ( Riverdale)

Kristi Cunningham(Davidson Acadamy)

Ashley Myatt ( Dickson)

There are others that are good, and as I watch , I may change my mind , I do all the time. Some kids work and develop, some fall behind so my opinion is forever changing. Notice a few of these pitchers are in a class all by themselves and a few are still developing but I still think are worth noting.

825620610[/snapback]

Cant leave out Sami mccampbell of Siegel, we also have a really good freshman named kristin, she is 3-0 on the year

Cant leave out Sami mccampbell of Siegel, we also have a really good freshman named kristin, she is 3-0 on the year

825627499[/snapback]

I saw Kristin pitch last year. I havent seen her this year. Did she pitch last weekend? Where does she take lessons? She seemed like an athletic girl.

Peroni might not be the hardest thrower, but she has the confidence and poise, along with a good assortment of pitches with control, that I consider her the best in the state. Is she good enough for the SEC?..only time will tell.

825626990[/snapback]

I agree. She is , in my books, the best.