Show up on time!

chs4life

As he has done the past two years! Robert is the backup 2B...

825619721[/snapback]

He was a freshmen last year so how could he back-up anyone. He started and batted lead-off for the freshmen last year. This year he is PRESENTLY the back-up to a JR who started at that position last year.

Who are you? Are you trying to indicate that Robert is sub-par or something? He batted 400 for the freshmen last year and this year is pushing the JR in front of him after only being out for baseball since basketball has been out where they played in the regional. Do not get on here and post about someone if you do not know the facts.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey chs...do you know if jackie west is playin centerfield for the red raiders...hes an old friend of mine and i know we play yall in the franklin co tourney i believe i cant wait to play them...and is robert george on the team also??

825619397[/snapback]

Hey Brandon. How is everything going around Columbia. Tell your mom and dad and lil sis Hi.

You ought to come and see the boys play when they come to Columbia on April 13th. How did your boys do in basketball? Well enough off the topic. Wish you and your family the best!

:)

He was a freshmen last year so how could he back-up anyone. He started and batted lead-off for the freshmen last year. This year he is PRESENTLY the back-up to a JR who started at that position last year.

Who are you? Are you trying to indicate that Robert is sub-par or something? He batted 400 for the freshmen last year and this year is pushing the JR in front of him after only being out for baseball since basketball has been out where they played in the regional. Do not get on here and post about someone if you do not know the facts.

825619818[/snapback]

BOOTERMAN, whats your problem? Nobody said anything about your little baby. Reread the post. Jackie played centerfield for 2 yr. and Robert is back up on 2nd. It don't look like he is putting much pressure on him after last night.

yeah, grundy is a ways away from hixson... 2hrs maybe... and that is sad news for 6AA this year b/c the district tournament is out there.

825619739[/snapback]

darlin, if it's taking you 2 hours to drive 50 miles, then you are going the wrong way!!! :)

My mom lives in Hixson, and I live in Grundy, and it only takes me 45-50 minutes to get there going over ssuck Creek.(had to spell it that way to make it take it!) But even over 111, when our bus goes to Sale Creek, it only takes us an hour and about 5 minutes from the high school, and that's by bus!!

I know it seems like longer, but take the scenic route and enjoy the view :)

And to answer Mr. Grad, yesssssssss we have some hotels, but they are in Monteagle.

Looking forward to seeing some great games between Grundy and Hixson again this year! I graduated from Hixson, and now coach at Grundy....played on the state softball team at Hixson there in '88, so obviously my blood still runs black and gold.....JUST NOT WHEN THEY PLAY GRUNDY, hehe!!!

Good luck during the season guys!

Edited by alli8657

One thing about high school sports is transportation. Teams hands are tied, they

depend on the bus driver. In Cumberland Co. case their bus driver had a problem and was late getting to the high school. If a team is late sometimes they

can not do anything about it. Some school systems do not have enought buses

so they have to wait till drivers are through with their route before they can leave.

BOOTERMAN, whats your problem? Nobody said anything about your little baby. Reread the post. Jackie played centerfield for 2 yr. and Robert is back up on 2nd. It don't look like he is putting much pressure on him after last night.

825619927[/snapback]

Don't have one. Should have used my adult head and not got on here in the first place. The post you are talking about is not the one I replied to anyway, but that does not matter! Sorry if my response offended you or made you think I was promoting "my baby". I can guarantee that I will not be on here anymore giving my opinion about anyone else who mentions my son by name in a negative way because what I think or anyone else thinks does not matter. Robert will only get what he works to get. IF he works hard and he shows he needs to play then Coach Jones will be the one deciding what he deserves. Not you nor I so like I said - - my opinion is just that my opinion and counts for nothing when it comes to who plays or who does not and that is the way it should be and the way I want it to be.

Well when people start the trek to Grundy, they don't realize it's in the middle of Africa!

825619730[/snapback]

I don't think the demographics of Grundy County will back up the "Africa" claim.

"Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny." -Larry The Cable Guy.

Del.

You better get a hotel!  OH wait, are there any?

825619744[/snapback]

I'll be glad to rent out the yard in Palmer for campers and tents. There will be nightly entertainment also at no extra charge. I live at the doughnut capital of the world. I'm not talking Krispy Kream either. :)

Del.

yeah that will be miserable traveling back and forth for about 3-5 days.

825619754[/snapback]

Kinda like every other year for Grundy when they have to drive forever to somewhere.......Didn't we have to go to Hixson last year?

I remember having to drive to Hixson several times over the last few years.

It seems pretty fair to swap things up.....doesn't it?

Del.

I realize that we were late , but please have all the information before you post a response.

Our bus driver's car caught on fire before he came to pick us up at our school. These are circumstances that were beyond our control. I talked with Coach Jones and there was no problem. I wish the fans of Coffee County had as much class as their coach.

Dean Darnall

Head Baseball Coach

Cumberland County High School