Smith County applicants

tnoutsider

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear these 4 are interested : Barry Smith , Beth Wheeler, Donnie Baker & Denise Hacket. What others are out there?  I heard in 2 weeks or less a new coach would be named.

825619220[/snapback]

I doubt Denise Hackett wants to put in the extra time away from her kids, not for sure she even likes being on the radio much less the coach... Beth Wheeler last I heard was coaching at Cumberland, doubt she wants to leave a college program to coach at SC, Barry Smith I have heard wants it pretty bad but I don't know if he wants it for the long haul or just for the next 2 or 3 years... I don't have a clue who Donnie Baker is but might find out sooner or later.... Heard lots about Ashley Mac but doubt SC school board is looking that way for a coach...

I think Hackett or Mac would be the best options, but I see it going to Smith or Wheeler... :o

Edited by Magid

I doubt Denise Hackett wants to put in the extra time away from her kids, not for sure she even likes being on the radio much less the coach... Beth Wheeler last I heard was coaching at Cumberland, doubt she wants to leave a college program to coach at SC, Barry Smith I have heard wants it pretty bad but I don't know if he wants it for the long haul or just for the next 2 or 3 years... I don't have a clue who Donnie Baker is but might find out sooner or later.... Heard lots about Ashley Mac but doubt SC school board is looking that way for a coach...

I think Hackett or Mac would be the best options, but I see it going to Smith or Wheeler... :o

825619796[/snapback]

Magid, your points are interesting. Can I ask why you say that you doubt the SC school board is looking that way for a coach? It was an interesting comment and makes me wonder why SC would probably not want to go in that direction.

Magid, your points are interesting.  Can I ask why you say that you doubt the SC school board is looking that way for a coach?  It was an interesting comment and makes me wonder why SC would probably not want to go in that direction.

825619813[/snapback]

I have heard good things about her but isn't she younger? I don't think they are looking for another young gun like dodgen, a rising coach trying to make a name, they want someone who has a name established already... I hear she was an awesome player... where did she play college ball? when did she graduate from college?

I think she graduated in 02.  I guess that makes sense, but I've always believed that you should hire the best candidate, regardless of age or experience.

825619854[/snapback]

True... I wish her the best of luck and hope she ends up @ SC!

I think it's quite simple if you look at the whole picture. The pressure that was place upon the school, coach, and team is showing it's effects in more areas than one right now. The school want's a coach that's proven himself/herself to go with the talent that's there "now". Most parents and players want to win "now" as would anyone else. I think the choice was made sometime ago and I hope it works out for all parties involved. I "hope" to see the program and new coach achieve their short term golds and I hope the "long" term goals were established in this choice as well.

Good Luck to the Owlettes for many years to come!!!! :)