Ooltewah Head Coach Resigns

GradfromtheNest

Good luck Coach Monroe, I hope you do well with your new job at Ooltewah. Best Wishes.

This should be a hint as to who will be announced.

quote=GradfromtheNest,Apr 18 2005 - 07:05 AM]

Did he apply? Supposedly a decision has been made and will be announced on TUESDAY!

825649906[/snapback]

825649918[/snapback]

You have said this for the last two weeks give us a date

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

825649918[/snapback]

You have said this for the last two weeks give us a date

825649962[/snapback]

I mistakenly said coach James Turner instead of Tim James. I apologize. Although it really doesnt matter because Monroe has been announced coach from what I've heard from coaching staff. :lol:

Yes Benny Monroe will be the new head coach at Ooltewah High School. It is a sealed deal. It will be announced in the morning at 9:45. Monroe runs a Wing -T style offense, but may be without star running back DeWayne Caldwell.

825650777[/snapback]

I'm not so sure he'll run the Wing-T at Hooterville! And without Dewayne, the Owls offense is just as strong with Hunter Hydas, Terrance Lowdermilk, and/or Marcus Turner.

Edited by GradfromtheNest

I'm not so sure he'll run the Wing-T at Hooterville!  And without Dewayne, the Owls offense is just as strong with Hunter Hydas, Terrance Lowdermilk, and/or Marcus Turner.

825650787[/snapback]

yeah marcus turner is going to be very good..i'd like to see him get a lot of touches next year, he did some great stuff with the ball last year

I would not worry about the RB status because Ooltewah has always been known for great running backs in the past. With the line coming back next year Minnie me could break the all time city rushing record. Great pick for the 2005 class 5A State Champions and their new legendary coach Benny Monroe. This man is a class act and I know that to be a fact. My senior year were playing Cleveland at the Nest and I ran a seam pattern and our QB instead of throwing the ball 10 yards down field it was more like 20 as soon as the ball touched my hands I took a dream shot from their Free Safety right on the chin. I poped right up being used to taking big hits because I had been playing tailback since I was 10 years old I then ran right back to the huddle for the next play. After the game was over and we shook hands like every Friday night. Coach Monroe found me walking off the field and put his arm around me and walked with me towards the scoreboard exit and said son I have never seen a High School player take a lick like that and a go right back like nothing phased them he went on to say I would trade most my players on this team with someone who has heart as big as yours good luck to you and your team. This was the year with the Cobb twins they went on to win their First State Championship the following year. Good luck to the Owls and I hope my early prediction comes true.

Hydas is no Caldwell as was evident in the Oak Ridge game.  I do think Ooltewah has a lot of talent at RB but missing Caldwell is a BIG problem.  Why is he not going to playing?

825650894[/snapback]

Disagreed....Hydas will be fine. He ran well against Farragut. If given as many touches in practice as the number 1 back, he'll do well.

whos going to be fullback next year

825651059[/snapback]

My guess is Kyler Burke. He ran some at full back this year when Marcus Williams went down. Also Sean Sanders, but his size might hurt him.

I would like to see Marcus Turner get a chance at fullback. He is big and can carry the ball well, I just don't know about his blocking ability.