Ooltewah Head Coach Resigns

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not worry about the RB status because Ooltewah has always been known for great running backs in the past. With the line coming back next year Minnie me could break the all time city rushing record. Great pick for the 2005 class 5A State Champions and their new legendary coach Benny Monroe. This man is a class act and I know that to be a fact. My senior year were playing Cleveland at the Nest and I ran a seam pattern and our QB instead of throwing the ball 10 yards down field it was more like 20 as soon as the ball touched my hands I took a dream shot from their Free Safety right on the chin. I poped right up being used to taking big hits because I had been playing tailback since I was 10 years old I then ran right back to the huddle for the next play. After the game was over and we shook hands like every Friday night. Coach Monroe found me walking off the field and put his arm around me and walked with me towards the scoreboard exit and said son I have never seen a High School player take a lick like that and a go right back like nothing phased them he went on to say I would trade most my players on this team with someone who has heart as big as yours good luck to you and your team. This was the year with the Cobb twins they went on to win their First State Championship the following year. Good luck to the Owls and I hope my early prediction comes true.

825650845[/snapback]

I'm so glad you are living in the past and you can brag on yourself. Maybe one day you'll grow up.

I'm so glad you are living in the past and you can brag on yourself. Maybe one day you'll grow up.

825651202[/snapback]

Its not living in the past I only used this example to show Coach Monroe's character and I had also coached these kids in middle school for a matter of fact you probably never even played football or even from south. In the south football is our past time and if you do not like it you know where you can go. Go post somewhere else and let Ooltewah enjoy the moment.

Disagreed....Hydas will be fine.  He ran well against Farragut.  If given as many touches in practice as the number 1 back, he'll do well.

825650957[/snapback]

He may do fine, but it would be very hard to say he is as good a back as Caldwell, or he would have had more touches all last year.

This is a concern for Ooltewah, but probably not a big one. I think Monroe makes up for that as the whole team is concerned.

My guess is Kyler Burke. He ran some at full back this year when Marcus Williams went down. Also Sean Sanders, but his size might hurt him.

I would like to see Marcus Turner get a chance at fullback. He is big and can carry the ball well, I just don't know about his blocking ability.

825651140[/snapback]

Zach Sanders was a pretty big guy, Sean is only a sophmore this year. I think he will become as big as his brother coming his senior year.