Middleton v. Ezell-Harding

Crock1615

Based on today's box score, you really have 2 guys that come off the bench and contribute points.  Also, I noticed that 24 Middleton points were off of turnovers but the box only had Temple with 8 turnovers.  Is that right?  If Middleton was indeed the recipient of 24 points off of turnovers, was it good defense or did Temple just play a sloppy game.  With only one loss before today, I can see Temple coming out a bit cocky and unmotivated in the first round.  Can someone clarify what they saw out there today?

825620607[/snapback]

Middlton was just too deep the game was close up to about 2min left in the fourth the PG for Temple was outstanding but he did'nt have any help down the strech he would penatrate in the lane and kick it to the open man a they were'nt making the shoots Temple had a chance just ran out of gas Middleton bence was huge in this win

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ezell better do a better job of handling the ball against Middleton than they did against CAK.  The Tigers' defense is so tough and quick.

825620710[/snapback]

I totally agree, it's easy to get there from where Ezell comes from, but not from the regions in the West. Good point SRTN thumb

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Peabody/Middleton finale!!

One minute ya'll say Temple the next its Middleton.  Hate to break it to ya, but it's going to be the Eagles from Ezell Harding taking home the gold ball. thumb

825620758[/snapback]

I always said Temple was over rated and hyped, just like the little private schools from Nashville, take 'em outside of the Tennessean newspaper and put on a court with high school men from the West and the tale usually tells itself. No disrespect, just the cold hard facts. :rolleyes:

I called Middleton from the beginning of the year and ill call them still. Middleton is just simply the best, most complete, moth athletic team in 1A. The 1A championship was this afternoon when Middleton played Temple. Middleton will go on to win the champoionship.

825620727[/snapback]

No..the state championship game was played in Middleton about a week ago..And it was in overtime....And as far as being the best..most athletic team,,I still will differ there..It's true ..Middleton has a chance to win the state and I hope they do...but Lake Co did beat Middleton on a neutral court by 1 point...Middleton beat Lake Co by 1 point in overtime at Middleton...And that was only because Tony Tyler ,from Lake Co was shooting 2 free throws with 20 seconds left...Had he made both free throws..Lake Co would have won and there would have been no overtime...So..yes..Middleton did win..But..I don't believe they would have won that game if it was played at Lake Co..But even with all that..Lake Co won by 1 and Middleton won by 1 at their home gym..Looks like 2 even teams to me...And if Lake Co hits their free throws..we wouldn't even be talking about Middleton being so good...But..that's basketball..We didn't hit our free throws and Middleton won...The Memphis Tigers know how we feel..!...I'm not bashing Middleton..I believe they are a great team and have said for the past two months that they were under-rated...Now..seeing that Temple lost along with Pickett Co..I believe that they were over-rated....Not that they aren't good teams but that the teams in West Tenn are a little better..

Edited by mrbigster

No..the state championship game was played in Middleton about a week ago..And it was in overtime....And as far as being the best..most athletic team,,I still will differ there..It's true ..Middleton has a chance to win the state and I hope they do...but Lake Co did beat Middleton on a neutral court by 1 point...Middleton beat Lake Co by 1 point in overtime at Middleton...And that was only because Tony Tyler ,from Lake Co was shooting 2 free throws with 20 seconds left...Had he made both free throws..Lake Co would have won and there would have been no overtime...So..yes..Middleton did win..But..I don't believe they would have won that game if it was played at Lake Co..But  even with all that..Lake Co won by 1 and Middleton won by 1 at their home gym..Looks like 2 even teams to me...And if Lake Co hits their free throws..we wouldn't even be talking about Middleton being so good...But..that's basketball..We didn't hit our free throws and Middleton won...The Memphis Tigers know how we feel..!...I'm not bashing Middleton..I believe they are a great team and have said for the past two months that they were under-rated...Now..seeing that Temple lost along with Pickett Co..I believe that they were over-rated....Not that they aren't good teams but that the teams in West Tenn are a little better..

825621121[/snapback]

Mrbigster I think you need to get your facts right. Middleton beat Lake County by 5.

No..the state championship game was played in Middleton about a week ago..And it was in overtime....And as far as being the best..most athletic team,,I still will differ there..It's true ..Middleton has a chance to win the state and I hope they do...but Lake Co did beat Middleton on a neutral court by 1 point...Middleton beat Lake Co by 1 point in overtime at Middleton...And that was only because Tony Tyler ,from Lake Co was shooting 2 free throws with 20 seconds left...Had he made both free throws..Lake Co would have won and there would have been no overtime...So..yes..Middleton did win..But..I don't believe they would have won that game if it was played at Lake Co..But  even with all that..Lake Co won by 1 and Middleton won by 1 at their home gym..Looks like 2 even teams to me...And if Lake Co hits their free throws..we wouldn't even be talking about Middleton being so good...But..that's basketball..We didn't hit our free throws and Middleton won...The Memphis Tigers know how we feel..!...I'm not bashing Middleton..I believe they are a great team and have said for the past two months that they were under-rated...Now..seeing that Temple lost along with Pickett Co..I believe that they were over-rated....Not that they aren't good teams but that the teams in West Tenn are a little better..

825621121[/snapback]

You need to get your facts straight. Sure the Middleton - Lake County game at Middleton was tied at end of regulation play ... Middleton won by 5 points in overtime, not 1 as you say.

As for the free throw ... I am quite sure that just as you say if Lake County had made theirs with 20 seconds they would have won ... there were several things that IF Middleton had made would have caused them to win in regulation time!

Also, if Lake County had won their region and hosted the sectional instead of having to be the visitor in the sectional game, they would NOT have played Middleton. So, the idea that if it had been at Lake County is a mute point.

Edited by MHS Tiger Fan

One minute ya'll say Temple the next its Middleton.  Hate to break it to ya, but it's going to be the Eagles from Ezell Harding taking home the gold ball. thumb

825620758[/snapback]

Go back to the photo gallery and look @ some phothos of Ezell-Harding in the state tournament on Mar. 14, 2002. But, do not forget to catch a glimpse of Nathan Aaron. The best that ever came out of PCHS.