All Time Maryville Team

jjones1115

Let's see how many old timers are on here. I will throw this one out to you all to discuss... Much loved by everyone that meets him. One heck of a friend to all he meets.

Scotty Collins - DB in the early 80's. I believe ole Scotty works at Maryville Junior High. It is a shame he is not coaching in the system somewhere.

Bill...... Scottie iz at Mairvul Entermediate....Teechin' Pee E and lunch eye thank....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill...... Scottie iz at Mairvul Entermediate....Teechin' Pee E and lunch eye thank....... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Scotty ran like he had a piano on his back. Somethimes he would stop and play it. That really upset the coaches.

My all time favorite Maryville Rebel.......Pic Walker. His love affair with Big Bec was historic.

Scotty ran like he had a piano on his back. Somethimes he would stop and play it. That really upset the coaches.

My all time favorite Maryville Rebel.......Pic Walker. His love affair with Big Bec was historic.

My all-time favorite player was Pigooooooooo............ who loved to talk about Pick and Beck! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

My all-time favorite player was Pigooooooooo............ who loved to talk about Pick and Beck! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Eye wood haiv two say Bec holds tha werld rekkerd fer waring braces....Roomer haz hit she iz now up ta 35 yeer.......Mac Crow....Carl Cannun....and Slappy White wood haiv to rank az my favritt playurs..... /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Surely Scotty wasn't that slow!

What about his little brother Shane? I believe he is a policeman with the City of Maryville.

Surely Scotty wasn't that slow!

What about his little brother Shane? I believe he is a policeman with the City of Maryville.

All those Collins' boys (including older brother Tony) got their start in Bungalow-town ... you can credit alot of their success in life to that! Tony was part of a Bungalow basketball squad that on one special night in the mid 70's--when all the stars aligned just perfectly--knocked off the mighty Maryville Junior High 8th grade squad. Certainly one of the greatest wins in the vaunted history of the Bungalow Jet program. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Them Fukes bros. wuz tuff.....Butt eye ain't shore thay wuz that tuff.....Now Gov-Man when'st will Will-Yum Blunt naim thair koach???...... /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

As soon as possible Stars. I believe they would have liked to today ... but obviously, the process isn't done yet. I know they've interviewed some great candidates.

I was just naming the best players in the 70s and early 80s.

Maryville ran the wishbone back then.

Yes MHS ran the bone AND SPLIT-BACK formation with two quick backs..... very similar to GQ's split-backs of today. Coach Benny Monroe (Ooltewah HS) ran the offense. On the 70 team, Mynatt, Burchfield, Elrod & Hood shared time at the split backs. Tommy Beaver an awesome option QB and could also throw it. He played at 6-2, 190 which as very big for a QB in those days. Tommy could fly and was the 100yd man on the track team, pitcher & infielder on the baseball team & the 3 spot on the basketball team.

GQ would love to have Beaver in the shotgun spread option formation MHS runs today. Many of the players of the 70s era couldn't play with today's players, but Tommy was before his time. I believe he could play today. At the Championship QB reunion from a couple of years ago, many of the young QBs couldn't believe how big he is today (and was at that time).