Lake County 2014

lakecounty1968

Congrats to LC on the beat down they put on OC this past Saturday. You guys showed up with 18 kids and embarrassed a much bigger school. That speaks well for our region in 1A. However it says that OC is in for another typical season for them. I heard from a close source to the Rebel program that you guys were very physical. The last thing I have to say is "Come on August"

I'm ready for August myself.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not realize until recently that the Lake Co School Board tabled a request by Puckett to from a booster club for the football team back in February. They questioned if it would cost the school system more money. He replied that it would be the exact opposite and bring in more money. I know the Col left the system in a sticky place financially but this would be nothing but a good thing. They need to approve this if they have not already done so.

Guest hevyrevy1611

While at Dresden vs TCA scrimmage, two rows above me I heard guys talking about various teams in area. This one man (he seemed to be from Gibson County) either really like football and goes to all things he can whoever it is (he at our scrimmage, neither team his), or he is a scout. But he was talkng about Lake County, said he at their scrimmages, and that they may surprise everyone this year. That they looking really strong, like LC of old. Just wanted to share this encouragement with you.. and again I say it'd be nice to see Dresden playing LC, either scrimmages or reg season. It'd be better than playing Obion (they dirty, low-class players, and honestly not much of a challenge to beat.), or Fayette Academy. Harder the non-district opponent, better the team is in its own district and come playoffs... to my way of thinking anyways. So yeah.. LC vs Dresden. Nice thought anyways.

I did not realize until recently that the Lake Co School Board tabled a request by Puckett to from a booster club for the football team back in February. They questioned if it would cost the school system more money. He replied that it would be the exact opposite and bring in more money. I know the Col left the system in a sticky place financially but this would be nothing but a good thing. They need to approve this if they have not already done so.

That problem has been fixed. The booster club is football only. Does not cost the school one dime.

Friday August 1, at 5:15pm in Dresden your Lake County team will play our Dresden Lions in a scrimmage! :D

Yes, I know it will be a good to see where both teams are. In the end its just a meaningless scrimmage. The real test will come playoff time provided both our teams can get there, All in all I think it will be a good scrimmage. I would like the two schools to play in the regular season like in the past. LC won most of those games but Dresden always played hard.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Lake County is really hitting the weights hopefully that will help this fall. Coach Puckett and staff are really working the kids hard. I really like what he is trying to accomplish. He has taken a big interest in the junior high program and youth football program. Trying to build it from the ground up.

to me this is a crucial key.. the youth leagues. I think that why Dresden has finally broke through to be competitive, our coaches in younger divisions are phenomenal and give stud athletes ready to go to the high school program. Lake County has a winning tradition that Dresden is just now getting to experience, largely due to our youth program imo. Can't wait until we scrimmage. I will put a seed and bug in our new coach's ear to add LC at this years end when everyone redoes schedules. Drop Obion (dirty players) and Fayette Academy (not competitive) and add LC, Milan, Adamsville, TCA, Camden, or such teams that are strong, well coached, fighting warriors, with classy programs. To be da man ya gotta beat da man! It best to play "manly" teams for non-district games. Even if they beat us it helps our team in district games and come playoff. In my thinking anyways. It will be a fun, profitable scrimmage.

to me this is a crucial key.. the youth leagues. I think that why Dresden has finally broke through to be competitive, our coaches in younger divisions are phenomenal and give stud athletes ready to go to the high school program. Lake County has a winning tradition that Dresden is just now getting to experience, largely due to our youth program imo. Can't wait until we scrimmage. I will put a seed and bug in our new coach's ear to add LC at this years end when everyone redoes schedules. Drop Obion (dirty players) and Fayette Academy (not competitive) and add LC, Milan, Adamsville, TCA, Camden, or such teams that are strong, well coached, fighting warriors, with classy programs. To be da man ya gotta beat da man! It best to play "manly" teams for non-district games. Even if they beat us it helps our team in district games and come playoff. In my thinking anyways. It will be a fun, profitable scrimmage. I agree with everything you said. Our youth football league teams are usually strong, Hopefully, it will pay off years down the road.