District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

GP got a transfer early in the summer. Fulton didn't lose a game this summer.

With Jackson going to Carter, I think it affects the Falcons. Williams and Kimber play football and those are two veterans who'll be missed till December and based on what I saw from Fulton last year, have they found a perimeter game? Saw the CAK game and the Warriors zone gave them fits. But Fulton is Fulton and they will always be in the hunt.

Q- Always enjoy your input and perspective.

1-Catholic will be very good in 4-AA this year. Smith and Anderson will be solid. Great passing team. May be the best balanced.

2-I think Alcoa will be a factor because it always has athletes. Not always great basketball players, but great athletes. This year kinda looks that way . Teeter is the guy for them. D1 Body.

3- CAK returns 3 of 5 starters. Yes Lee is gone, but it may make them a better "Team". Campbell shot 40% from 3pt. and plays above the rim. That's tough to guard.

4- Scott , Butts is the man, but he has always struggled to have a supporting cast that plays at the same level. Make no mistake Butts can shoot

5- Kingston has yet to believe it can win. There have been some good players from Kingston, but the block is a mental one more than anything else. Kids have to buy in.

Not ready to make a prediction yet. After Rocky Top ...

Q- Always enjoy your input and perspective.

1-Catholic will be very good in 4-AA this year. Smith and Anderson will be solid. Great passing team. May be the best balanced.

2-I think Alcoa will be a factor because it always has athletes. Not always great basketball players, but great athletes. This year kinda looks that way . Teeter is the guy for them. D1 Body.

3- CAK returns 3 of 5 starters. Yes Lee is gone, but it may make them a better "Team". Campbell shot 40% from 3pt. and plays above the rim. That's tough to guard.

4- Scott , Butts is the man, but he has always struggled to have a supporting cast that plays at the same level. Make no mistake Butts can shoot

5- Kingston has yet to believe it can win. There have been some good players from Kingston, but the block is a mental one more than anything else. Kids have to buy in.

Not ready to make a prediction yet. After Rocky Top ...

Catholic will still be young and they have a lot of guys playing football.  That usually takes a couple of weeks to shake off the football legs and restore the hoops legs.

Is Luke Smith playing football this year? When he was healthy, he could drain those 3's.

Luke Smith, Dawson Anderson and Kevin Stewart all quit football, they wanted to focus on basketball.  Those three along with Davari Reeder, Austen Rhoades, and Eli Cox will have to hold the fort till Zac Jancek, Jordan Anderson, Conor Owstrowki, Jones Albritton, Tony Scott, Chase Kuerschen, Amari Rodgers, and Jack Sompayrac are done with football. 

Luke Smith, Dawson Anderson and Kevin Stewart all quit football, they wanted to focus on basketball. Those three along with Davari Reeder, Austen Rhoades, and Eli Cox will have to hold the fort till Zac Jancek, Jordan Anderson, Conor Owstrowki, Jones Albritton, Tony Scott, Chase Kuerschen, Amari Rodgers, and Jack Sompayrac are done with football.

Oh snap! Catholic will be much improved this year. I haven't seen their schedule, but if they have those 3 that quit football, they might pull off a few wins before football ends. Can't wait to see this!

Oh snap! Catholic will be much improved this year. I haven't seen their schedule, but if they have those 3 that quit football, they might pull off a few wins before football ends. Can't wait to see this!

The schedule is tough but we only have 2 games scheduled early. We play Cumberland Gap in November and at Scott Co the first Friday in December. If the football team makes another deep run we should be fine.

The schedule is tough but we only have 2 games scheduled early. We play Cumberland Gap in November and at Scott Co the first Friday in December. If the football team makes another deep run we should be fine.

Hutch is smart not playing many games early on due to football. Our coach Joel Kirk learned that the hard way last year.

In terms of what Alcoa has returning, I'm kinda lost myself. Teeter is the only starter back. Garrett Anderson wasn't a full time starter but won several games for us. That said, he was either red hot or ice cold behind the arc, and I hope his defense has improved.

The McClurg twins are back. Ryan Clark, a 6'7" junior (also plays football), can be good if he's aggressive, but I just didn't see that last year.

I guess it's too early for me to criticize Joel Kirk's coaching job. All I can hope is that he learned some lessons last year.

Hutch is smart not playing many games early on due to football. Our coach Joel Kirk learned that the hard way last year.

In terms of what Alcoa has returning, I'm kinda lost myself. Teeter is the only starter back. Garrett Anderson wasn't a full time starter but won several games for us. That said, he was either red hot or ice cold behind the arc, and I hope his defense has improved.

The McClurg twins are back. Ryan Clark, a 6'7" junior (also plays football), can be good if he's aggressive, but I just didn't see that last year.

I guess it's too early for me to criticize Joel Kirk's coaching job. All I can hope is that he learned some lessons last year.

Alcoa, you have a very good, up and coming freshman in Tykee Kellogg, about 6'4" - has played a ton of high level AAU in the Southeast.