District 3AAA Summer Report

CarolinaCrazy

6-2 Post. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Sounds like a Halls problem. I have a feeling we would love a 6-2 Post. I don't think we've had anyone over 6-5 since Cooper and Cantrell back with Cameron.

Lol. I hear u!! Well he's 6-2 but plays 6-2 and a half. Lol. No jk. He's just a sophomore. May be 6-3 by bball season. CC and halls were two of the smallest in the district last year I'd say. But halls just had a lot more skilled players. AC will be along the same size too. A lot of guards on these three teams. I think the 6-4 kid for CC will be a player tho. All he plays is bball and he looks like he's added some muscle. Guy told me he's 6-5 but I saw him, and solid 6-4 to me. But not bad for a freshman.

I didn't think the Cougars were going to be that young of a team this year.Starting 2 Seniors 2 Sophmores and Freshman is surprising.

Wanted to find out more before posting again, but it looks like two seniors, two sophs and the 6-4 freshman right now. They could go with 4 guards and start the Pebley kid. But they'd be real small with him in their but would have 3 good shooters. The coach traditionally likes a low post game but hasn't had any size the last couple seasons

Wanted to find out more before posting again, but it looks like two seniors, two sophs and the 6-4 freshman right now. They could go with 4 guards and start the Pebley kid. But they'd be real small with him in their but would have 3 good shooters. The coach traditionally likes a low post game but hasn't had any size the last couple seasons

Pretty good size for a frosh. He will probably end up being 6'6'' +

I thought the Letner kid would be in there but I heard he quit.So now I see why the Freshman is in there.I also heard we had 3 kids playing in the Rocky Top League Gillenwater,Pebley and Griffith. Not much defense being played I'm sure but still good to be out there playing with other top players from the area.

Pretty good size for a frosh. He will probably end up being 6'6'' +

Yea his dad and uncles are all pretty good size. Doctor told him he had at least 2 inches in growth plates. The toughest part will be keeping him at CC. I heard he played AAU and every school in Knoxville was " recruiting " him. Housley does a pretty good job keeping them, but when u get a stud, everybody wants them. As for the rocky top league? Your right, there's no defense being played for the most part, but I can assure you the Griffith kid is playing defense. It's in his DNA. LOL

I hate to hear this, but their is a lot worse things these kids could be getting into than having a little drink and puffin' on a doobie or two. This is just what HS kids do. Doesn't make it right, but we would be lying to ourselves if we all didn't do it a time or two. They just got caught that's the only difference. Halls will be fine.

I hate to hear this, but their is a lot worse things these kids could be getting into than having a little drink and puffin' on a doobie or two. This is just what HS kids do. Doesn't make it right, but we would be lying to ourselves if we all didn't do it a time or two. They just got caught that's the only difference. Halls will be fine.

Agreed SS. every school deals with this problem. Each school has a set of rules, from zero tolerance, to in school suspension , to alternative school, to coaches discretion. And we know who the coach is.

I'm not sure how this will effect the basketball team.  I guess it all depends on how the 18 year olds are charged.  There were about 5 football players that got picked up.  My son was there but was released without any issues.  Gonna be an interesting season to say the least.  Randy had a meeting with all the players.  Duff is not happy to say the least.