Beech visits Henry County

olddevil

Henry County is still for real! I early predicted Beech would score 34 and was told no one would score 34 on the HC defense. After watching the game, it will take a very strong passing team to get close to that. Beech have HC GRWAT field position all night and outside of the last 5 minutes of the game, played excellent defense. Offense struggled against a superb HC defense. Great game.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the assessment eers. Beech looked pretty solid to me. They have some very good players on both sides of the ball. Time will tell where they finish in 9AAA, but they certainly looked better than last year. Hope everyone who made the long trip enjoyed themselves. Good luck to the Bucs the rest of the way.

Henry County is still for real! I early predicted Beech would score 34 and was told no one would score 34 on the HC defense. After watching the game, it will take a very strong passing team to get close to that. Beech have HC GRWAT field position all night and outside of the last 5 minutes of the game, played excellent defense. Offense struggled against a superb HC defense. Great game.

Beech was spirited and classy as usual.  Good crowd.  The most cars on the property I ever recall.  Good luck the rest of the year.

Proud of the way the HC came back last night and won the game. There are a few things that concern me about this team but most issues are correctable. We can't keep making costly mistakes and not taking advantage of turnovers & great field position. Good luck to Beech the rest of the year. They are a good team and will have a good year.

Wasn't able to make it to Paris on Fri. Bucs showed up better than I expected. Been told they simply ran out of gas. Who knows, maybe these two meet again in November.

"Ran out of gas" is probably a fairly accurate description of what happened to Beech's defense Friday night. They did really well against us until midway through the 4th quarter. That's when we got the lead and didn't look back. We had trailed almost the whole game up to that point. I did see a good deal of talent and potential displayed on the field Friday night for both teams, and as for meeting again in November, anything can happen, but only time will tell.

Our game against Ridgeway in a couple of weeks will tell us A LOT about where this HC team truly is.

Edited by MSURacer

I was glad to see HC come back and win the game Friday night. To be honest I didn't know if this bunch knew how to come back but they proved they did.

After the game when the teams were shaking hands I noticed the coaches shaking hands and the first ones were Coach Counce Jr. and Coach Crabtree. That was great to watch and then Coach Counce came up and shook his hand and gave him a hug. I think there is a lot of respect for each other between these 2 programs and I for one would like to see them back on our schedule. Who knows, with a little luck maybe we will meet again this year. :popcorneater: