Week 6: McMinn County at Soddy Daisy

BigDave1967

SD is a tough place to get a win at. If its close the officials historically determine the outcome at SD.....they love throwing or not throwing their yellow hankey in critical times.

I remember one game at SD when they played in the poop and mud.....it was awful. The field was covered in mud and some sewage. But we still played. Its a awful to place to go play....the dressing rooms are forever away from the field not to mention you have to climb a mountain from the field to get to your dressing room. The visitor bleachers while they are newer they are low and you don't have a good view. Oh well...enough about the bad!

This is a critical game for both teams as SD is looking to move to 5-1 and position themselves for the playoffs while McMinn is looking for their first win of the season. Again its a tough place to get a win especially when you've struggled all year to play a complete game. The Tribe will compete till the final whistle but can they pull themselves out of the ditch and get a win????

officials historically decide the game? historically, mcminn plays the dirtiest on the field. Rememeber the on field brawl the started at Soddy 2 years ago?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn and Bradley both have very quality stadiums. Great seating and parking. Never had an issue finding a seat or parking there. Only issue I have at both in having to pay to park, but you have to do that at most places. Oak Ridge is one of the few where you don't.

By state law, no school can charge you to park on school property for ballgames. I know at McMinn they have signs that clearly state "$2 Donation", and the people working it are instructed that it is a voluntary donation. McMinn only does this for football, whereas many other schools do it for basketball and even other sports.

By state law, no school can charge you to park on school property for ballgames. I know at McMinn they have signs that clearly state "$2 Donation", and the people working it are instructed that it is a voluntary donation. McMinn only does this for football, whereas many other schools do it for basketball and even other sports.

Correct Blitzinbuc! The donation goes to help the girls basketball program at MCHS. I argued this point at Cleveland this year where a Cleveland booster club member was adamant that I must pay the $3 to park. I told him its against TSSAA rules to charge to park. I paid the $3 but also educated this man as he said he would pass the word along to the booster club.

Correct Blitzinbuc! The donation goes to help the girls basketball program at MCHS. I argued this point at Cleveland this year where a Cleveland booster club member was adamant that I must pay the $3 to park. I told him its against TSSAA rules to charge to park. I paid the $3 but also educated this man as he said he would pass the word along to the booster club.

Apparently Cleveland hasn't learned their lesson. I went through the same thing at Cleveland a couple years ago during basketball season. I asked them if the $3 was a donation (since their sign didn't indicate it - which is a violation itself), and they stated that it was a charge to park there. I instructed them that they were in violation, and I didn't like the fact that they tried to solicit money to park at EVERY sporting event at their school.

Apparently Cleveland hasn't learned their lesson. I went through the same thing at Cleveland a couple years ago during basketball season. I asked them if the $3 was a donation (since their sign didn't indicate it - which is a violation itself), and they stated that it was a charge to park there. I instructed them that they were in violation, and I didn't like the fact that they tried to solicit money to park at EVERY sporting event at their school.

cleveland doesn't usually charge at b ball games.

Tennessee fans are lucky. They can and do charge in Georgia. I had to pay 8 dollars to park at Murray County high school for a football game.

The State of Tennessee has a law that does not allow paying to park on state property. Schools are not owned by the State, they are owned by the Counties and or the City in which they sit. I have no idea about other counties or cities But Hamilton has a policy that they do not charge to park on school propety. But each High School charges students a fee to park during the school day. That I have a hard time wrapping my head around. I have read the policy and we cannot charge to park, but do have the right to issue where you park. So at East Hamilton if you donate to the booster club $3 you can park in the big lot next to the stadium, if you chose not to donate you can park in the gravel lot next to the softball field. if you would like to buy a season pass you can park real close next to the gate.

Yes there is a State law, but it is for state propety.

Edited by chattacane