Week 6: William Blount at Lenoir City

BigDave1967

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JMO - it is more important for the program to be 3-0 after next year's first three games than 3-3 after Friday night - considering what is left on the schedule.

Well it's really hard to say that because right now we don't a have clue who we will play in the first 3 games of next year. But I agree we should be in better shape than we are right now. Personally I think we should be sitting at 4-1 right now but it is what it is.. Hopefully we can make up for the bad start by knocking off a team we aren't supposed to. Could it happen next week when we travel to Knox West?

Well it's really hard to say that because right now we don't a have clue who we will play in the first 3 games of next year. But I agree we should be in better shape than we are right now. Personally I think we should be sitting at 4-1 right now but it is what it is.. Hopefully we can make up for the bad start by knocking off a team we aren't supposed to. Could it happen next week when we travel to Knox West?

NO

NO

That's what most people would say but we have the athletes to compete with just about anybody. Problem is we have turned the ball over way too much. But judging from What west fans have been saying they have turnover problems of their own. If we play well and hold onto the football and they make a few mistakes and we capitalize on them we could beat them. I'm not saying it will happen but it is possible. Edited by Governors91

That's what most people would say but we have the athletes to compete with just about anybody. Problem is we have turned the ball over way too much. But judging from What west fans have been saying they have turnover problems of their own. If we play well and hold onto the football and they make a few mistakes and we capitalize on them we could beat them. I'm not saying it will happen but it is possible.

Hahahahahahaha!!!!! HE'S BACK!!!!!!

That's what people kept telling me when I said WB would beat Heritage again.

Gov you beat two mediocre teams. Don't think y'all are ready for the blue cross bowl or anything. Jeff Co isn't that good. And while Heritage has improved they still aren't that great by any means. They put almost 60 points on WB man. Think about that.

Gov you beat two mediocre teams. Don't think y'all are ready for the blue cross bowl or anything. Jeff Co isn't that good. And while Heritage has improved they still aren't that great by any means. They put almost 60 points on WB man. Think about that.

They put up 48 on us. They also put up 35 on Alcoa. And from what I understand they were about to score again when they turned the ball over. That 48 points they scored on us isn't looking so bad now is it? Yeah we barely beat Jefferson County but if you take away all of the silly turnovers that game isn't even close. I don't believe I ever implied that we were going to the blue cross bowl. All I said was we have a chance to hang with west if we don't turn the ball over. If we do that and they turn the ball over a few times we might even have a chance to win that game. I saw the '10 Govs lose to West 14-12 at their place. You wanna know something else? That west team went on to the Semis, so they were pretty dang good then to. Granted, they are better now than they were then but we are also better now than we were then. If we win this friday like we should we will have our first 3 game winning streak since '07. We should be going into that game with confidence. Edited by Governors91