Sevier Co vs South Doyle Rivalry Thursday Imac Championship

gobears89

Gb89 you bring up good points. And yes, credit SD, they were the better team last night. Our secondary has been out of position all year, and it hasn't improved. That's a problem when its not improving. Too many times I've seen people wide open across the middle all year and biting on fakes has.really hurt us. And our shortstop has dropped too many passes. He's good enough to help the team, but don't think he should be the main target. I wish we'd put 5 back at reciever. Him and 1 could really stretch the field. And they're both good after the catch. Our play calling has been worse this year. With a new head coach. And 3 new coordinators, I don't know if they're in over their heads, or if its just growing pains. I think they're all good coaches, so u assume its just growing pains getting use to new roles. On the plus side, 22 has been a great RB for us. Played great last night. Seems to get stronger as game goes on. We are much better stopping the run. And our o line seems bigger and more physical. And we had a good line last year. 5 has played good at RB too, but I think he's a better weapon at WR. Credit to 7 too for stepping in and helping wherever he's asked to

I think 22 is the best player on the team. Let him have 30 carries and put #5 where the shortstop is. The shortstop can run go routes like nobody s business but he is not going to catch the ball in traffic. Baseball players are taught to avoid contact and he is doing that. #5 aint scared and #22 can handle the load keep them both in the game! #7 is another guy that should not come of the field on offense. I would leave him off the d if it meant keeping him involved on O. Its not like our secondary is thriving because of him but I think the O suffers when he is not involved. And for pete sake tell the safeties on 3rd and long or short time to not get sucked up and beat deep. Its little league stuff. 

ArmChairIdiot!  B) 

&GoBears!

Edited by gobears89

I think 22 is the best player on the team. Let him have 30 carries and put #5 where the shortstop is. The shortstop can run go routes like nobody s business but he is not going to catch the ball in traffic. Baseball players are taught to avoid contact and he is doing that. #5 aint scared and #22 can handle the load keep them both in the game! #7 is another guy that should not come of the field on offense. I would leave him off the d if it meant keeping him involved on O. Its not like our secondary is thriving because of him but I think the O suffers when he is not involved. And for pete sake tell the safeties on 3rd and long or short time to not get sucked up and beat deep. Its little league stuff. 

ArmChairIdiot!  B) 

&GoBears!

How many players does SC lose after this season? Hopefully 2015 will be a better one for the Smoky Bears(7-3 and the Playoff's isn't too bad,however)

ArmChairIdiot!  B) 

&GoBears!

I would be willing to bet they have been told many times not to bite on short stuff on third and long...I would even bet they were told that probably 25 times this week, and probably 10 more times just before every 3rd and long last night....but they are 16-18 year old kids they don't always do what you want em to...no dog in this fight just a fan of east tn. highschool ball.

Little league stuff is an idiotic comment.....little league coaching and gameplanning is light years apart from high school, most little league coaches couldn't tell you what coverage their local highschool team runs in the secondary or even that there are even different ways to play in the secondary.

I would be willing to bet they have been told many times not to bite on short stuff on third and long...I would even bet they were told that probably 25 times this week, and probably 10 more times just before every 3rd and long last night....but they are 16-18 year old kids they don't always do what you want em to...no dog in this fight just a fan of east tn. highschool ball.

Little league stuff is an idiotic comment.....little league coaching and gameplanning is light years apart from high school, most little league coaches couldn't tell you what coverage their local highschool team runs in the secondary or even that there are even different ways to play in the secondary.

Your probably right I am a sore loser & I told you I am an idiot. Now if the 16-18 year olds dont do what you want them too then you are not a good coach. I wonder how often Maryville players dont do what the coaches want them to? And a lot of little league coaches are former coaches and players of high level football (aka beyond the HS level) and a lot of high school coaches are school teachers put in a coaching position with no idea of the fundamentals. 

GB

First things first. Congrats to SD. They were the hungrier, better prepared team and they deserved the victory. Rollins is a warrior. Good luck in the playoffs.

Now on to SC. Not sure why everyone is so surprised by their performance last night. That's the exact same way they've played all year. The Bears have got some dark days coming with this coaching staff. If this is the best they can do with a division 1 QB and an experienced senior laden team how bad is it going to get when they're all gone.

Rollins is a great team leader, and football player. He is probably one of the most underrated players in the area. I have been a big fan of his, since he was playing youth ball. He makes his teammates better. As far as the SD-SC game, great players (leaders) find a way to win. If Rollins were 6'1" or taller he might be one of the top recruits in East TN. I wish him and the Cherokees luck the remainder of the Year.

As for the Smokey Bears, they have got to make plays when given the chance. That is a leadership issue, and I'm not talking coaches. Leaders have to step up. Players have to step up.

Good luck to the Bears.

Rollins is a great player and fun to watch. Good luck to him at the next level. True about needing leadership, but disagree about coaches being blameless. They have to prepare their players to step up and WANT to lead on the field. I agree, this team seems to be missing that

Little league stuff is an idiotic comment.....little league coaching and gameplanning is light years apart from high school, most little league coaches couldn't tell you what coverage their local highschool team runs in the secondary or even that there are even different ways to play in the secondary.

Im sure the coaches have been telling them that. I disagree about the little leagues. I coach little league football and I know what the kids are taught. They are taught fundamentals. They are taught to not bite on the.fakes and how to read the play. And our coaches can tell you what defense the high school runs. I can tell very quickly against teams we play whether oe not they have good coaches and if players are in right position. Gb89 is right. What he talking about is taught in little leagues

First things first. Congrats to SD. They were the hungrier, better prepared team and they deserved the victory. Rollins is a warrior. Good luck in the playoffs.

Now on to SC. Not sure why everyone is so surprised by their performance last night. That's the exact same way they've played all year. The Bears have got some dark days coming with this coaching staff. If this is the best they can do with a division 1 QB and an experienced senior laden team how bad is it going to get when they're all gone.

Last night was typical for us this year. But why do you think we are headed for "dark days " with "this staff." It is the same coaches as last year, except for one. That one coach was a pretty good coach. I think it has more to do with adjusting to new roles and.we will see improved leadership next year