Week 9: Oneida @ Sunbright

crow

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have some above average parts....Stewart (obviously), Bible (excellent vision and speed), and Parker (although a Freshman, is a good QB).  They have some solid receivers too and another solid lineman (#54 good motor).  Your not going to get much running towards Stewart but even if the other direction is the way you go....they keep things managable.  It will take a four quarter effort to beat them....and if you make a mistake they are good enough to make you pay.  Like I said, we are a fourth quarter team and the constant pounding of the ball eventually takes its toll on teams.  I would put them in a catagory similiar to Rockwood....without the depth.  And remember....Rockwood beat us.

Kazancraney

Kaz...Crow.. or Whomever, I have a quick selfish question because TV can be deceiving at times.

How good do you think Coalfield really is? Have they improved that much or did you guys just get their best effort. I am only asking because this is the first time in a while we might have a real shot at upsetting them. I know it may still be a longshot. Just curious what your opinions are. Thanks

Are you an Oakdale guy? If so then as bad as I hate to say it I'd say y'all would have to play above the Oneida game and get a little luck (sorry I'm not trying to bash anyone). I'd say coalfield by 4 scores, maybe more, hope y'all prove me wrong. Any given Friday ya know.

By the way....has anyone noticed our passing game beginning to perk up?  The juggling catch for a first down by West and the over the shoulder grab by Lay were nice concentration by both of them.  Nice to have found some consistency here.  Heck, they even got #40 involved with the two point conversion.  I wish I could see him with a full head of steam after the catch.  My guess is some will just dive at his ankles.  :huh:

Kaz

Are you an Oakdale guy? If so then as bad as I hate to say it I'd say y'all would have to play above the Oneida game and get a little luck (sorry I'm not trying to bash anyone). I'd say coalfield by 4 scores, maybe more, hope y'all prove me wrong. Any given Friday ya know.

Yes I am. Thanks for the input. I thought that they had improved, but also knew they are playing a lot of freshmen. My cousin said they are starting 4 and playing two of them on the d-line. offcourse the QB is not a typical frosh.

By the way....has anyone noticed our passing game beginning to perk up?  The juggling catch for a first down by West and the over the shoulder grab by Lay were nice concentration by both of them.  Nice to have found some consistency here.  Heck, they even got #40 involved with the two point conversion.  I wish I could see him with a full head of steam after the catch.  My guess is some will just dive at his ankles.  :huh:

Kaz

Yes Jimmy did try a little air attack against coalfield :huh: he even ran a little reverse play. The kids seemed to enjoy it as much as the fans did. He may break something else out this week against the tigers who knows?

Drop to page two requires a Kaza Boost.  The air attack was successful because the kids did much better job of hanging on to the dang thing.  If these receivers continue to secure the catch Oneida suddenly becomes much more formitable.  Stacking the box to stop the run game becomes a dicey proposition for teams if your offense is two headed.  I hope the kids continue making strides here because now you tend to keep defenses honest.  There have been several times this year where I thought we could slip the tight end up the seam for a big play.  Again, I'm not questioning our coaches because I completely understand why we are a run first team.  You do what fits your personnel best....and with a solidly improving line and multiple backs,,,,there is no question the run game is our strong suit.  You gotta smile though when your receivers are making strides....cause it opens up possibilities.  I believe both of those key catches were made on third downs. (money grabs and chain movers)  Gut the Tigers, Boys!!!

Kazoo

Going to be a tough night for both teams.  So much on the line.  If the OHS safeties and linebackers play well in coverage over the middle OHS wins going away.  The corners hold their own very well.  Sunbright can't run on this Defense.  If OHS opens the offense a bit more than runs up the middle its gonna be a long night for Sunbright.  Look for #1 to throw the ball more than we have all year.

OHS district champs outright!

The more the game means....the better the Indians have played this year.  Beating Hampton on the road after the stunning loss to Rockwood was the first sign that we could overcome a little disappointment.  Going to Greenback had about the same effect.  We traveled and got it done there too.  Last week against Coalfield, it wasn't looking all that great until a stirring fourth quarter rally righted the ship.  Now the Tigers are standing in the way of clinching a district title.  By what I've seen up til now, I would be surprised if the Tribe doesn't keep their nose to the grindstone.  Look for the kids to win this one by a minimum of two scores.  I agree the run is not a great option for a bunch of teams....although Coalfield's Bible had a terrific effort last week.  We ain't going to dive at no ankles this week.  The secondary is growing up.  Not giving up a homerun ball seems to have been learned.  All plays were in front of them.  Good work men.

Kazo