Week 9: Oneida @ Sunbright

crow

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doing well my friend but I miss Tennessee football!  Texas has nothing on an ole Oneida/Sunbright ball game

btw folks,  Me and Misses are gonna go watch Quinton Dormandy play ball in two weeks.  We will be decked out in our UT Orange.  Go Vols!

Good to hear from ya ole pal! The T ain't quite the same without ya.

Well.....we finally played someone with a complete commitment to stopping the run on us.  On one play I counted 10 players within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage with Oneida's single wideout receiving press coverage on the outside.  Too many bodies to block and we were still managing to drive the ball.....just penalties stalling things to create third and longs.  That TD pass was there most of the night, so there was absolutely no surprise on 4th and 1 that it was the play call.  If our QB holds that thing one tick longer it's a sack instead of TD.

On a side note......DEFENSE IS AWESOME....!  I don't recall Sunbright ever being in a great position to score.  They did have a short trip into our territory once but the D stopped them on downs.  It is tough to score on these kids.

Smash.......I thought a tear duct moistened seeing your post today.  NAH.......! :roflol:

Kazar :thumb:

Well, quick observation from last night's game.  If other teams are going to put ten men in an area that is 6 feet deep and 18 feet wide and OHS doesn't throw the ball, the playoffs will be very short lived.  I couldn't believe that OHS would not throw the ball with one DB for SHS limping to cover the WR no safety over the top.  OHS needs to call plays to win the game, not plays not to lose.  From listening to the radio though, I guess OHS cannot pass block.

Better figure it out or football season will end on Nov. 14 at home and that would suck.

Congrats to the Defense for the stingy yardage for SHS.