Playing Up

footballfan24

Just based on the current District and Region numbers, I would think your Region 6 above would actually be Region 7 and that your Region 7 would be Region 6.

As for Region 2 and 3, I was referring to their make up. My thought is that West will be in Region 2 and Rhea will be in Region 3 (and that the TSSAA will allow Heritage the choice between the 2 regions).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just based on the current District and Region numbers, I would think your Region 6 above would actually be Region 7 and that your Region 7 would be Region 6.

As for Region 2 and 3, I was referring to their make up. My thought is that West will be in Region 2 and Rhea will be in Region 3 (and that the TSSAA will allow Heritage the choice between the 2 regions).

I'll be honest I'm not too familiar with the location of some of the East teams. I have no problem if a few teams are swapped out. I was also looking at match ups for the playoffs. 1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8.

I will disagree with switching 6 and 7. Clarksville is a far better fit to be Memphis's playoff partner than is Nashville. (Cf. the wrestling regions.)

I generally agree that if "Region A" consists of Clarksville, Dickson and Henry it should, geographically, be more closely aligned with Memphis (Region 8). My thought is simply that if you're trying to be consistent 5 of those schools are currently District 10 (Region 5) with only Dickson Co. being District 11 (Region 6). Meanwhile, if "Region B" is made up of the 4 Williamson County schools (District 11/ Region 6) and a couple of Metro schools (District 12/ Region 6) then the current District/ Region numbers suggest it would be the region to "slide over" and fill the Region 7 void created by 4 current districts (13-16AAA) being compressed into a single Region 8 next year.  

But who knows? Just trying to read the TSSAA's "mind."

Edited by ErikG

wave88...

No way do the T$$AA take Rhea Co. and place them in a region with all other schools above I-40.  Also, don't believe they would take So-Doyle and place them in Region 1...reason all those in R1 would be able to get rival games vs. DB, SH, etc.  Put Rhea co. down with schools above Ooletewah...might even leave West in R2 and put Farragut and So-Doyle with Heritage, Cleve, WVHS, etc.

Region 1

Boone

Crockett

Cocke Co

TN Bristol

Mo West

Mo East

Sevier Co

South Doyle

Region 2

Campbell Co

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Karns

Powell

Halls

Gibbs

West

Heritage* (may get added to region 3)

Region 3

Farragut

Lenoir City

McMinn Co

Rhea Co

Walker Valley

Cleveland

Ooltewah

Soddy Daisy

Region 4

White Co

Franklin Co

Lincoln Co

Shelbyville

Columbia

Lavergne

Stewarts Creek

Region 5

Beech

Gallatin

Hendersonville

Station Camp

Hunters Lane

Glencliff

Region 6

Brentwood

Centennial

Independence

Summit

Hillsboro

Cane Ridge

Region 7

Clarksville

Northeast

Rossview

West Creek

Dickson Co

Henry Co

Region 8

Bolton

Brighton

Kirby

Overton

Munford

Memphis Central

Southwind

Wooddale

Region 1

Boone

Crockett

Cocke Co

TN Bristol

Mo West

Mo East

Sevier Co

South Doyle

Region 2

Campbell Co

Clinton

Oak Ridge

Karns

Powell

Halls

Gibbs

West

Heritage* (may get added to region 3)

Region 3

Farragut

Lenoir City

McMinn Co

Rhea Co

Walker Valley

Cleveland

Ooltewah

Soddy Daisy

Region 4

White Co

Franklin Co

Lincoln Co

Shelbyville

Columbia

Lavergne

Stewarts Creek

Region 5

Beech

Gallatin

Hendersonville

Station Camp

Hunters Lane

Glencliff

Region 6

Brentwood

Centennial

Independence

Summit

Hillsboro

Cane Ridge

Region 7

Clarksville

Northeast

Rossview

West Creek

Dickson Co

Henry Co

Region 8

Bolton

Brighton

Kirby

Overton

Munford

Memphis Central

Southwind

Wooddale

This is kind of what I am expecting too, atleast from what I have hear. Even though this may be a best guess, we really don't know what the TSSAA will do. They never seem to make much sense with anything they do.

wave88...

No way do the T$$AA take Rhea Co. and place them in a region with all other schools above I-40. Also, don't believe they would take So-Doyle and place them in Region 1...reason all those in R1 would be able to get rival games vs. DB, SH, etc. Put Rhea co. down with schools above Ooletewah...might even leave West in R2 and put Farragut and So-Doyle with Heritage, Cleve, WVHS, etc.

I don't take offense being wrong. I do think that regions 4-8 are correct. I'm just not familiar with the actual locations of some of the East state teams. I don't expect the TSSAA to care about what teams schedule as non-region games to be a factor in deciding who goes where. I do know Middle fairly well since I travel it every day. Region 8 was the easiest to decide. Edited by wave88