Riverside vs. Tca

river74

If TCA can cover the field sideline to sideline without over pursuing, it will be a long night for Riverside. The Panthers are dangerous outside... #1 is fast to the corner, and shifty enough to cut back inside without breaking stride if it's there. Passing game is OK, QB and the other tailback are decent runners, but contain #1 and it's over early. The (other) Lions have too much firepower to lose a shootout with RHS, but coming off a great win they just might be flat enough that the Panthers pop a long one or two outside before you can blink.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually if Riverside wins first tie breaker is overall wins which Adamsville would take due to TCAs loss.  The tie breaker for head to head is just for 2 teams tied not 3

I ended up finding the rule in the TSSAA handbook.  I don't think using overall wins is the proper way to decide a district championship.  This is especially true if somehow Riverside beat us.  To me, Adamsville winning the title like that would be wrong since TCA won the regular season meeting between the two.  I am sure you would feel the same if the shoe were on the other foot so to speak.  There has to be a more equitable way to break a three way tie.  I really don't know why I am even worrying about it.  The odds are not real strong that it will go down like that.  Anyway, it's just my two cents worth.  It might buy you a piece of gum somewhere.  LOL

Riverside to Forrest again? Ugh. I hate re-runs.

That was a good game made too close by Luke Ward driving Riverside for 2 TDs in the 1st quarter. Forrest dominated and held them to 6 points total after that.

So Riverside has morphed into a smashmouth run team in one year?

Forrest just does what they do. Adamsville stopped it. Riverside did not. 

Riverside to Forrest again? Ugh. I hate re-runs.

That was a good game made too close by Luke Ward driving Riverside for 2 TDs in the 1st quarter. Forrest dominated and held them to 6 points total after that.

So Riverside has morphed into a smashmouth run team in one year?

Forrest just does what they do. Adamsville stopped it. Riverside did not. 

Not a smashmouth running team at all...one back with speed to spare, if you take a bad angle on him, it's over. Outside to the wide side of the field 75% of the time, and don't underestimate the distance to turn the corner. The rest of the team is average...the QB and the other tailback run fairly well, and the passing game is good enough to burn you if you over commit. The key to Riverside is #1...keep him in front of you, and hit him hard.

I respect Riverside for 2 reasons. 

1) The came to The Rock last year and it went to the wire. 4 downs from the 20 and every one of them was a shot at the end zone with Ward in the shotgun. Def a nail biter.

2) Your division is top notch. You guys play real strong teams every year.   

We'll be ready if it happens. 

I respect Riverside for 2 reasons.

1) The came to The Rock last year and it went to the wire. 4 downs from the 20 and every one of them was a shot at the end zone with Ward in the shotgun. Def a nail biter.

2) Your division is top notch. You guys play real strong teams every year.

We'll be ready if it happens.

Is Buddha officially gone?