Help finding some info?

Big Bigby

I was looking up some info on some public schools and ran into some trouble getting a clear answer on the following public school districts on whether if they are open zoned or closed zone Counties....

Just hoping the kind coach T-ers that live in these Counties could help with that information.

Blount Co.

Carroll Co.

Hamilton Co.

Marion Co.

Obion Co.

Smith Co.

Trousdale Co.

Wayne Co.

Answer can be simple written as....

County - open/closed

Thanks for all who care to help answer. :thumb:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenback is a Loudon county school. Loudon is open. As long as you provide own transportation you can to either county school. Supposed to be closed to out of county students

To only county students yes.Not out of county or LC.I guess i misinterpreted what the poster was asking. Edited by orngnblk

I think that Carroll Co. communities all have special school districts...no idea how that works for rural kids, as they have no county high school. Gibson Co. also has special districts, but has a county school.

The best way I can explain what I'm asking is to use my own home County of Maury.

Maury County does not have a single school named 'Maury County High School' neither. Maury County Schools are all "zoned" or the County is divided up into zones, or districts I guess one call call it, in which a student can only attend the school within their zone/district.

A student zoned for Mt. Pleasant cannot attend Central or Spring Hill. (If they do change up schools and transfer is approved by the schools, then the students are penalized athletically by having to set out the following year of the move if the move is purely for athletics, unless there is a real change of address.)

The student is basically required by the County to attend the school in which they are "zoned" for. (I'm sure special move/transfer request are granted only if approved by the school & board.) Making the County closed for students to openly transfer or pick the school in which they would most like to attend to have greater success academically or athletically.

The only way to do so easily is with a real change of address. Literally the family has to move close to their school of choice and reside within that schools "zone". A family just cannot drive or provide the transportation within and across County/zones to that school of choice.

For a student to choose to cross County lines to attend another County's school?.... A family has to pay that other County's tuition fee and provide transportation for the student to attend in that other County.

So if a student is free to choose their school of choice within the their County without having to move or penalized in some way; then their County is open and not "zoned".

If a student cannot freely choose their school but only attend the school their County school board says they can attend within their "zone"; then that County is closed and "zoned".

Edited by Big Bigby

I'm going to say WC is closed but don't know 100%. I don't know of any kids attending WC or Cwood that don't live there and if one transfers after they have enrolled their freshman year they have to sit out a year unless there's a change of address and approved by the school board and all the paperwork sent in to tssaa.