top teams in east tn this year ?

kingindian33

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are good players, but they play in a tough district. They still lack the dominant starting pitching. Not a Ooltewah fan by any stretch. Frigate was their ace last year and a great kid. Losing him and Binder will be hard to replace. Hayden is a heckuva player also. I don't see Duncan, Collins and CJ mowing down people like the past pitching staffs did. This is by far the least talented team they have had in years. Folks, they have been loaded. Just my opinion.

Loaded with Central kids.....PA wont like that but its true.

Pretty sure Farragut lost 1-2 starters in the field have 3 D1 commitments/ signees. Pence- UT, Fullington-UNC & Raby- Vandy. They're all state catcher, Mascia, returns, as does their junior CF Morgan.

I also have heard they have a couple young guys that are D1 prospects.

The two best teams in the state may come from the same district & be Farragut & Hardin Valley.

• 2 weeks later...

Smith will be the top Sr, signed with Maryville, Woods will be back by April 1st, Fahler the catcher signed with Carson Newman pitched a lot this summer and CN signed him as a pitcher why you might ask he was hitting 88 to 90. The kid that transferred in from Ringgold will be a Jr. was projected to be there #2 guy, then there is Hollingshead can throw a lot of innings and will be the middle relief guy. Watters had a great summer at 6’3 throwing in mid 80’s will be a good one. Then you got Aslinger 6’3 185 pitched well as a soph last year had some issues at time but throws hard with a good breaking pitch. Then there is Blum who was the ace on the JV will see with some time. Thomas 6’2 215 Sr who will play 1st can throw and will start non district games. I would think that Milita will come out of center to close, throws in low 80’s with a nasty slider, and throws strikes. Yea East Ham will have pitching. Our issue will be at short till woods gets back and I hear he might be fine by opening day, and who will play short when he is on the mound. Thomas is a OK 1st baseman, and who will catch when Fahler is on the mound couple of good catches behind him but very little experience. East Ham will be a good team I would think it’s a toss up Bradley will be good and Soddy will be very tuff. Point of interest Smith baffled McCallie last year and Woods just shut down Ringgold, 2 pretty good arms. Fahler in summer ball destroyed a East Cobb Team. Word is Milita will by pass football offers and sign with Chatt State in Jan as an outfielder. No I am not saying East Ham will win the state just giving my 2 cents worth that they will be a top 3 team within 5AAA. Ooltewah will struggle lots of young kids the talent is there just how fast they can get there.

Coach Caldwell and Coach Hitch will work well together. Both are established winners. Gonna be a very interesting year. Hope to see at least 3-4 area teams represented in the Boro!

First off, there is no way 3 or 4 teams will be in the State from Chattanooga.  No way.

Anyway, I saw McCallie play several time last year and was shocked that they won the D2 state title.  Anyone else see the same thing?  The only thing I can figure is that D2 must have been down last year.