Heritage 2015

Barney,

All of that may be true but you can still be a good football coach and not alienate people. Just look at Shadowens... He built up the Smyrna and Blackman football programs and he is a personable and likable guy. He is in the process of rebuilding the WB football program and tons of kids came out to play for him. Hammontree ran off half of his team the first season he was up there. I just think you have to be a likable person to be successful with kids these days.

Hammontree doesn't have an open investigation either

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim is a very hard nosed person but he is a good man. One of the things that makes him a good football coach is that he will not take any bull crap from anyone and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. He is the perfect coach for Heritage because you had a line of coaches that were bent over the barrel by parents and other inside problems that caused the destruction of that program. Had he not been at Maryville during his time you would not be seeing what you are now. The program was full of cancer just like Heritage and he got rid of it. GQ took over a program that was not infected with what all Tim had to do to get rid of it and most people that are long time fans of Maryville know that. I was glad to see the progress he is making out there and hope their program keeps getting better.

I agree totally Barney!The ones that quit at HHS when came on board were part of the problem,i think he has and will do an oustanding job at HHS.The man can coach,i have known him for yrs and he is a good man as is his family.Some people just cant stand discipline anymore.

He is very liked by his players I'm told. One year when Maryville went to the State at Middle Tennessee State I can remember him bringing all of his players from Rhea County when he was there to the championship game to show them what he expected of them in the future. You won't find many coaches that would do that.

I know from talking with my nephew that he loves playing for Hammontree. He says he's tough on them but he has a really good rapport with not just the football players but a lot of kids in the school. My brother just gave me the impression that Hammontree didn't like having parents around during practice.

I won't be around for the scrimmage next week but I'll get in game updates

Heritage has some good numbers out this year with alittle more size. They're suppose to scrimmage Seymour within the next week. I've heard Hammontree isn't to parent friendly and keeps them at a distance. Some of the older maryville fans and players may know more than me on that topic though.

Hammontree isn't much for small talk. All he cares about is coaching his team. 

Tim is a very hard nosed person but he is a good man. One of the things that makes him a good football coach is that he will not take any bull crap from anyone and sometimes it rubs people the wrong way. He is the perfect coach for Heritage because you had a line of coaches that were bent over the barrel by parents and other inside problems that caused the destruction of that program. Had he not been at Maryville during his time you would not be seeing what you are now. The program was full of cancer just like Heritage and he got rid of it. GQ took over a program that was not infected with what all Tim had to do to get rid of it and most people that are long time fans of Maryville know that. I was glad to see the progress he is making out there and hope their program keeps getting better. 

Hammontree did the dirty work and got rid of some coaches at Maryville that he didn't think was pulling their weight. It alienated a lot of the Administration at Maryville.

Hammontree did the dirty work and got rid of some coaches at Maryville that he didn't think was pulling their weight. It alienated a lot of the Administration at Maryville.

His job out at Heritage has been a tough one but in the end it will pay off. This is a program that was in total ruins when he got there and he did the best thing by cutting all the cancer out and sending it packing. Now the kids he has now understand the rules and so do all the others that caused the problems. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will this football program but it did make great strides last year. The Jamboree and the Alcoa game showed they have the ability to play some good football.