2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

a couple of very "cheap" calls against zy. They was up 15 when he had To go out and grace was able to claw there way back into it. Terrific game, and atmosphere. I expect grace and Meigs to battle it out again. Should be another good one for the region championship

Connor went out with his 2nd foul early and it was cheap. He sat about 5mins in 2nd Q. And well Meigs extended the lead. Its a game of ebb and flow. Players win Players lose. Meigs has been the better team on 2 nights. GCA was on 1. Here is hoping they both get to state!

Gotta admit proud of those gca boys and coaches for not quitting in the 3rd quarter down 19. In that environment could have been a dog whipping. Almost went to OT.

I would think the 3a teams would be favored in 3 of the 4 games. Certainly coalfield and WB (especially at home) have chance though if they play well. I'm just not sure CF can shoot well enough to win at GCA. Plus, whIle they play 8 or so...they really only play 6 or 7 real mins. GCA likely wears them down or they get in foul trouble. WB may well beat Harriman at WB...granted they lost twice to them during the season.

I would think the 3a teams would be favored in 3 of the 4 games. Certainly coalfield and WB (especially at home) have chance though if they play well. I'm just not sure CF can shoot well enough to win at GCA. Plus, whIle they play 8 or so...they really only play 6 or 7 real mins. GCA likely wears them down or they get in foul trouble. WB may well beat Harriman at WB...granted they lost twice to them during the season.

I keep thinking Harriman could ruin somebodys run. But I also have kept thinking GCA top to bottom is better than Meigs but we are 1-2 v meigs so what do I know lol

Coalfield always plays tough in big games. I dont see a cake walk but we do get them at home and that helps

Edited by 12thmanGCA

Connor went out with his 2nd foul early and it was cheap. He sat about 5mins in 2nd Q. And well Meigs extended the lead. Its a game of ebb and flow. Players win Players lose. Meigs has been the better team on 2 nights. GCA was on 1. Here is hoping they both get to state!

Gotta admit proud of those gca boys and coaches for not quitting in the 3rd quarter down 19. In that environment could have been a dog whipping. Almost went to OT.

You're right, second one was pretty cheap. But for that cheap one they probably missed a couple. That could be said for any player on either team, though. Officiating has been "questionable" all tournament, all games, boys and girls. The 4th foul on Zy was a mess. Zy is nowhere near that play and just because the official doesn't want to correct the announcer and look bad they leave it? I get it, unless you're willing to go out there and do it you shouldn't complain, but come on. There has to be a better system to hold officials accountable.

Oh well. Go Tigers. On to region.

Want to say good luck to the district 3 teams in the region. 

Still trying to get over a very tough season for our Bears.  They had a lot of adversity throughout the season and especially late last 6 games of season.  Then having one of their better players in the hospital and getting out at 2pm on Friday Rockwood game in district tourney and not getting to play makes it even tougher also.  Not going say they would have won but when you miss 26 pts and 11 boards(in 2 games this season against Rockwood) in a important game its hard to make up for that.

But I would love to see any D3 teams get to the glass house.  In my opinion Meigs and Grace have the best chance with Meigs having the best of the 2. 

44 banged his way right to the bench! Yes he is tall , but I watched a 6'1 170lb kid hold his own without a ton of effort! Zy would push him around on the block! I believe that Grace size bothers Harriman a lot more , no worries though, the odds of Harriman playing them again this season are slim to none, the short guys from Meigs will make sure of that if Harriman can get past Wartburg😉!

say what you want, be as cocky as you want, but the fact of the matter is you're a decent to average team playing in a district isn't near as strong as it's been in the last decade. Rockwood and Midway both are way down, Harriman, yes harriman, is average to subpar, and this dang sure isn't the best Grace team I've ever seen. And if you win the region and run your mouth about that, then we'll talk region. When is the last time Oneida won as few games as they did? OS struggled, Sunbright struggled, Wartburg isn't the most talented but very well coached, and Oakdale has a decent team. Congratulations you put together what you feel is a world beating team in a down time of the region. You'll surely find that out if you make it to state.

say what you want, be as cocky as you want, but the fact of the matter is you're a decent to average team playing in a district isn't near as strong as it's been in the last decade. Rockwood and Midway both are way down, Harriman, yes harriman, is average to subpar, and this dang sure isn't the best Grace team I've ever seen. And if you win the region and run your mouth about that, then we'll talk region. When is the last time Oneida won as few games as they did? OS struggled, Sunbright struggled, Wartburg isn't the most talented but very well coached, and Oakdale has a decent team. Congratulations you put together what you feel is a world beating team in a down time of the region. You'll surely find that out if you make it to state.

I could have swore I saw most of the kids on this Meigs team at the Boro' playing an extremely good Mitchell team for the gold ball a couple years ago. Maybe I'm just confused ðŸ˜

I could have swore I saw most of the kids on this Meigs team at the Boro' playing an extremely good Mitchell team for the gold ball a couple years ago. Maybe I'm just confused ðŸ˜

they already played the state tournament this year? Wow. Congrats on second place. Maybe we should hand out more participation awards Edited by bluedevil6913

they already played the state tournament this year? Wow. Congrats on second place. Maybe we should hand out more participation awards

no but they did two years ago when Meigs was playing for the state championship game and beat booker t Washington out of Memphis and Columbia academy to get there with all these kids getting substantial minutes and 3 of em starting. And they lost to a very good Hampton team in substate last year. And they will be back in state again this year. So worry about your team that is very average. This team is 29-4 that's pretty dang good if you ask me. So you my friend can keep on hating while Meigs keeps on dominating. D-3 will have two teams in the state tournament.

Last year they won fewer.

These two districts are full of rural, small-town schools who get their athletes in cycles and take turns having the best teams. Just so happens that Meigs is one of those teams this year and have been fortunate enough to be in this position each year they've been in this district. 

they already played the state tournament this year? Wow. Congrats on second place. Maybe we should hand out more participation awards

I didn't say that I was simply stating factual information about this average/decent Meigs team. 😜

I think Harriman has some great players. I really enjoy watching the Pace kid. He is a baller through and through. I've learned to never count chickens before they hatch. Kids are kids and come tourney time you just never know what's going to happen. Wins come one at a time.