Pre-Season Scrimmages

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that's the case it makes doing those scrimmages with multiple teams stupid because your team is getting less reps. When more than two teams are involved your team is standing on the sideline doing nothing for a good portion of the scrimmage. It's better just to scrimmage one team on different days than to do that 3,4,5 way etc. Crap.

I can tell you have not been to a multi team scrimmage.

There are 2 scrimmages going on simultaneously, as a rule. Some segment of your team are always scrimmaging. Either your 1's or your 2's or your kicking teams, and even your freshman if they attend. It is usually a very fast paced practice. You should attend one of these type scrimmages so you will understand better.

Is that kid coming to play for OR that's from Clinton. Dragfan?

I know he's not playing at Clinton. I keep hearing he's going to the Ridge. You know how kids are.....they get mad or feelings hurt and say all kinds of things.....but as far as I know, he's heading your way.

Do teams still go to away for football camp?  We never did at Halls but others did, Powell went to Chatt. each year and so did Sevier Co.  With the rules now, why would you go to camp this week if you couldn't scrimmage until Thursday?  Who checks to see if they are scrimmaging or not?

Do teams still go to away for football camp? We never did at Halls but others did, Powell went to Chatt. each year and so did Sevier Co. With the rules now, why would you go to camp this week if you couldn't scrimmage until Thursday? Who checks to see if they are scrimmaging or not?

Yes, I know for sure the Gibbs Eagles were leaving for camp this morning.

I can tell you have not been to a multi team scrimmage.

There are 2 scrimmages going on simultaneously, as a rule. Some segment of your team are always scrimmaging. Either your 1's or your 2's or your kicking teams, and even your freshman if they attend. It is usually a very fast paced practice. You should attend one of these type scrimmages so you will understand better.

I have been to 3 way scrimmages before and that's why I say what I say. A few years ago WB had a 3 way scrimmage with Hardin Valley and Austin East and another year we had one with Campbell County and another school . The way it worked was two teams would be playing and one would be standing on the sidelines and they would rotate the teams in and out. I wouldn't have a problem with that if it didn't count as two scrimmages. So, as it is, I would much rather have a scrimmage with just two teams involved so the teams get more reps. It's just common sense that you are getting more reps when your team is on the field the whole time vs having a scrimmage where your team is standing on the sidelines watching other teams for a significant part of the scrimmage. Edited by Governors91

I have been to 3 way scrimmages before and that's why I say what I say. A few years ago WB had a 3 way scrimmage with Hardin Valley and Austin East and another year we had one with Campbell County and another school . The way it worked was two teams would be playing and one would be standing on the sidelines and they would rotate the teams in and out. I wouldn't have a problem with that if it didn't count as two scrimmages. So, as it is, I would much rather have a scrimmage with just two teams involved so the teams get more reps. It's just common sense that you are getting more reps when your team is on the field the whole time vs having a scrimmage where your team is standing on the sidelines watching other teams for a significant part of the scrimmage.

Then you have missed the best type of multi team scrimmage, in my humble opinion.