Pre-Season Scrimmages

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how'd these scrimmages turn out? Score? Performance? Health?

I've already heard that Maryville apparently put a hurting on Ensworth, Farragut had a good showing at against Ooltewah, William Blount got Seymour, but who else in East Tennessee are you hearing had good showings? Any surprises?

Oak Ridge big over Halls

Bearden had a good showing at South Doyle.  Much improved from the spring.  In the spring, South Doyle beat Bearden I think 3 or 4 to 1 when the first teamers were on the field.  Friday night, Bearden reversed that and beat SD 3 to 1 during first team action.  Forced 2 turnovers.  Line looked cohesive.  Ran all over SD with a good little RB.  Bearden's QB is really really good guys.  Obviously SD lost a lot, and I'm not calling for a 9-1 resurgence this season, but with the new changes on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball in coaching Coach Shinlever has made, it is quite apparent Bearden will be much improved this year.  I'd say 5th or 6th in the new conference.  

Clinton this Friday.  Should be fun to watch.

Bearden had a good showing at South Doyle. Much improved from the spring. In the spring, South Doyle beat Bearden I think 3 or 4 to 1 when the first teamers were on the field. Friday night, Bearden reversed that and beat SD 3 to 1 during first team action. Forced 2 turnovers. Line looked cohesive. Ran all over SD with a good little RB. Bearden's QB is really really good guys. Obviously SD lost a lot, and I'm not calling for a 9-1 resurgence this season, but with the new changes on both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball in coaching Coach Shinlever has made, it is quite apparent Bearden will be much improved this year. I'd say 5th or 6th in the new conference.

Clinton this Friday. Should be fun to watch.

My question is, do you have what it takes to hand it to the GOVS again this year?