Riverdale 1-0 at Franklin 0-1

TDCman

Here is the news flash that everyone seems to be missing. 4- maybe 5 kids on any given team that play high school football and graduate every year might get a scholarship,- if they are lucky. How many of you would get up and go to work at a place where your boss belittled you, disrespected you  and then by the way tells you that you ain't getting paid. Kids are no different today in the aspect  that they want to feel like they belong to something special, but special starts from the top down not the bottom up. You will never fill the sidelines if you cant fill their heart. 

Amen Amen Amen And Amen!!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the news flash that everyone seems to be missing. 4- maybe 5 kids on any given team that play high school football and graduate every year might get a scholarship,- if they are lucky. How many of you would get up and go to work at a place where your boss belittled you, disrespected you  and then by the way tells you that you ain't getting paid. Kids are no different today in the aspect  that they want to feel like they belong to something special, but special starts from the top down not the bottom up. You will never fill the sidelines if you cant fill their heart.

truth!! the line would be deeper, i know a few kids that played on the line and got tired of being belittled and now just roam the halls of riverdale, i think there is one left of the o and d lines that started at christiana in 11 and the freshmen team the next year, idk what goes through peoples heads that doing that kinda stuff makes a team better, and your rite it starts from the top, i remember when shad got to blackman and within a year or two it seemed like every young man at that school was on the football team, i just dont know how year after year this stuff gets said on here but nothing ever changes

They have 99 of which 23 are sophomores plus a freshman.

I just pulled up the varsity roster and there is 63 between sophomores, juniors and seniors. Just wondering where you got 99 from warrior82dad? Low numbers for the Warriors no doubt! I hope this is not the case whats being said, not good at all! As adults we really need to encourage the kids that are giving their best for the team! GO WARRIORS!

truth!! the line would be deeper, i know a few kids that played on the line and got tired of being belittled and now just roam the halls of riverdale, i think there is one left of the o and d lines that started at christiana in 11 and the freshmen team the next year, idk what goes through peoples heads that doing that kinda stuff makes a team better, and your rite it starts from the top, i remember when shad got to blackman and within a year or two it seemed like every young man at that school was on the football team, i just dont know how year after year this stuff gets said on here but nothing ever changes

Pride is the engine that drives a team, a school a town, even through the tough years. I f everyday you showed up to work and your boss told you that you suck and he doesn't know why you bother to show up, It is not long before you say" You know he is right...I don't belong out here. " You look at the places where teams are thriving and doing well, it is in those areas where the atmosphere is positive from the coach down. 

I think the reason you see no change is, that none of the indians wanna tackle the chief. Parents are afraid like so many before them, " well heck I don't wanna say anything, because if I piss him off my kid want ever get to play as long as he goes to school there. So I will just shut up and ride along." Honestly while the other parents at schools elsewhere see it we kinda say" Thank Goodness he is still there, because it gives us a better chance. " I can see in the not so distant future , that it will not be a student who  dots his eye's and crosses his t's but a parent with an I don't give a rip attitude. 

I hope that is not the case, because I think it would make it that much harder to attract a great quality coach . I have alot of respect for"SOME" of the coaches, players and faculty over there at Riverdale and I wish you guys a ton of luck, health and success and most of all a resolve that will bring back the Riverdale so many remember. 

Does anyone on here actually want to talk about the game that this thread was started about?  Franklin looks seriously out matched in spite of the lack of depth that the Riverdale faithful is complaining about.  

Despite the supposed soap opera going on over at Riverdale, they should handle the Rebels pretty handily Friday night.

Overall, Franklin is small (some have said slow as well) and inexperienced. Defensive Line and Special Teams are the strongest units of the team. The O-Line is slow off the ball and got beat almost every play last week. I hope they can make big improvements before Friday night. It is a little harder to gauge the players behind them until they give some better blocking up front. The guys are giving effort and I expect they will get better with game experience.

I hope the Riverdale parents/fans have a safe trip over to Franklin and back home. If you are coming in from 96 and up Hillsboro, you may want to park in the lot behind the school as it is much easier to exit right. The entrance road is just south of the school and appears you are going into a neighborhood.

Looking forward to an improved Franklin team from week one but I think Riverdale has the better team right now.

I just pulled up the varsity roster and there is 63 between sophomores, juniors and seniors. Just wondering where you got 99 from warrior82dad? Low numbers for the Warriors no doubt! I hope this is not the case whats being said, not good at all! As adults we really need to encourage the kids that are giving their best for the team! GO WARRIORS!

Heres the active roster   http://www.riverdalewarriors.com/football/

Pride is the engine that drives a team, a school a town, even through the tough years. I f everyday you showed up to work and your boss told you that you suck and he doesn't know why you bother to show up, It is not long before you say" You know he is right...I don't belong out here. " You look at the places where teams are thriving and doing well, it is in those areas where the atmosphere is positive from the coach down. 

I think the reason you see no change is, that none of the indians wanna tackle the chief. Parents are afraid like so many before them, " well heck I don't wanna say anything, because if I piss him off my kid want ever get to play as long as he goes to school there. So I will just shut up and ride along." Honestly while the other parents at schools elsewhere see it we kinda say" Thank Goodness he is still there, because it gives us a better chance. " I can see in the not so distant future , that it will not be a student who  dots his eye's and crosses his t's but a parent with an I don't give a rip attitude. 

I hope that is not the case, because I think it would make it that much harder to attract a great quality coach . I have alot of respect for"SOME" of the coaches, players and faculty over there at Riverdale and I wish you guys a ton of luck, health and success and most of all a resolve that will bring back the Riverdale so many remember. 

Ive got news for you. Principal Nolan knows he has a problem and im not sure he's going to let it go on much longer..

Edited by warrior82dad

Does anyone on here actually want to talk about the game that this thread was started about?  Franklin looks seriously out matched in spite of the lack of depth that the Riverdale faithful is complaining about

Fair enough...this site is about the sport after all...I was just expressing my views from the outside looking in. I am a fan of several of the players there and I think this weeks match up will not even be close . Riverdale by alot.