Riverdale 1-0 at Franklin 0-1

TDCman

Wasn't there so am not going to say anything, THIS TIME.

If this was England and Premier League soccer, there would be planes flying over the field calling for the HC to be fired. Luckily this is not soccer (they can actually kick though) and it is too expensive for me to hire the plane.

HOGAN, NOW you have seen for yourself what some supporters of the program have been talking about!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't there so am not going to say anything, THIS TIME.

If this was England and Premier League soccer, there would be planes flying over the field calling for the HC to be fired. Luckily this is not soccer (they can actually kick though) and it is too expensive for me to hire the plane.

HOGAN, NOW you have seen for yourself what some supporters of the program have been talking about!

You are not much better than the young man that sucker punched coach A in his office. At least he did it in person.

So now we have 2 pompous jerks

Make that three hardtackle LOD is correct! There are things that have gone out the window of this program especially the strength and conditioning and it truly shows! Discipline most importantly! GO WARRIORS! Still gonna root for the kids because ultimately thats what this is all about! THE KIDS!!

Three it is.

Make that three hardtackle LOD is correct! There are things that have gone out the window of this program especially the strength and conditioning and it truly shows! Discipline most importantly! GO WARRIORS! Still gonna root for the kids because ultimately thats what this is all about! THE KIDS!!

So my dog has never truly been in the fight, because my kids don't attend there, but here is the thing you may or may not know. LOD has seen this program when it was the standard by which other programs wanted to be. Not alot of folks knocking the door down to model their program after its current state. Two, while a great winning record doesn't mean it is a great program. Look at the discipline  issues, the fight/sucker punch(I'll address in a second) the morale and the depth. this is not due to some zoning phenomenon. The city itself has grown over twelve thousand people in the last 4 years with 62% f those people moving in on this side of town.  Blackman which school is comparable in size has 157 players from freshman to varsity That seems like about 15-20 more players than what Riverdale has. So you cant chalk it up to the zoning committee is out to get  them.

You threw it out there so I will help you out with it. I think it is terrible anytime a kid assaults a teacher and there should be consequences. Especially since my family has been teaching in public schools for over 100 years.  But the problem here is that when you put yourself on the level with a thug, don't be surprised if they don't act out like one. You humiliate, cuss and belittle your kids( not in theory, but verified by some assistant coaches and players) You gotta believe that it is not a positive environment. If you believe your kids could benefit from that it says something about the day and age we live in 

I think if yo ugo back and read this thread top to bottom and most any other thread that  LOD mentions Riverdale he always sheds light that it is a program that he once had a great love for. The fact that he is standing on the deck telling folks to get in a life boat doesn't make him a thug. It makes him a realist. When things are broke you fix it or it says broke. 

I guess you should add me to that list ..so is that now 4?

So my dog has never truly been in the fight, because my kids don't attend there, but here is the thing you may or may not know. LOD has seen this program when it was the standard by which other programs wanted to be. Not alot of folks knocking the door down to model their program after its current state. Two, while a great winning record doesn't mean it is a great program. Look at the discipline  issues, the fight/sucker punch(I'll address in a second) the morale and the depth. this is not due to some zoning phenomenon. The city itself has grown over twelve thousand people in the last 4 years with 62% f those people moving in on this side of town.  Blackman which school is comparable in size has 157 players from freshman to varsity That seems like about 15-20 more players than what Riverdale has. So you cant chalk it up to the zoning committee is out to get  them.

You threw it out there so I will help you out with it. I think it is terrible anytime a kid assaults a teacher and there should be consequences. Especially since my family has been teaching in public schools for over 100 years.  But the problem here is that when you put yourself on the level with a thug, don't be surprised if they don't act out like one. You humiliate, cuss and belittle your kids( not in theory, but verified by some assistant coaches and players) You gotta believe that it is not a positive environment. If you believe your kids could benefit from that it says something about the day and age we live in 

I think if yo ugo back and read this thread top to bottom and most any other thread that  LOD mentions Riverdale he always sheds light that it is a program that he once had a great love for. The fact that he is standing on the deck telling folks to get in a life boat doesn't make him a thug. It makes him a realist. When things are broke you fix it or it says broke. 

I guess you should add me to that list ..so is that now 4?

4,5, 10, or 20. Principal likes him and nothing is going to change. LOD is not a thug. As for his assault, every school in Tennessee has kids that can at any minute can turn on any and every coach when things do not go their way. Until he is gone I guess some will blame the program on him. Rankin left for a reason. I will say that the program would be in no better shape if his majesty was still at Riverdale We will never know because he left because he could not handle the situation as it is now and it would be the same.

That was the worse coached worse played game I have seen the Warriors play in years. 15 flags, undiscipled players, worrible scheme on offense. This team wasnt close to the team I saw last week. The second week should be much improved from week one and this team and coaches feel flat on their face. Somethings rotten at the Dale.

Edited by warrior82dad

We have some players who want to be INDIVIDUALS.

So much talent with NO locker room leadership!

No leadership from the top either. I never saw any of the coaches say anything much less discipline and players for the consistant stupid mistakes they were making. It's like they have an Owell attitude...and it starts at the top!!