Riverdale 1-0 at Franklin 0-1

TDCman

You really can't change captains of the ship till they get back to port.  Could it be that Kelly Holcombe has to get the year under his belt by county policy to be eligible to take the head coach position. I know in some instances you have to be vested or have so many years as a volunteer coach who is not teaching to be eligible to be hired.

Lets face it, the only reason Kelly is helping out is because he has a daughter in the school. He's not the answer to this program.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets face it, the only reason Kelly is helping out is because he has a daughter in the school. He's not the answer to this program.

Unless his daughter has been playing football there for the last 3-4 years he really has no reason to help out. He may not be the answer, but I believe he is one they will consider . I hope in any case the team, coaches and school can get on the same page and push towards a great program. Good luck and God bless...

Go Blaze!!!

Unless his daughter has been playing football there for the last 3-4 years he really has no reason to help out. He may not be the answer, but I believe he is one they will consider . I hope in any case the team, coaches and school can get on the same page and push towards a great program. Good luck and God bless...

Go Blaze!!!

I don't think we wants that.

You really can't change captains of the ship till they get back to port.  Could it be that Kelly Holcombe has to get the year under his belt by county policy to be eligible to take the head coach position. I know in some instances you have to be vested or have so many years as a volunteer coach who is not teaching to be eligible to be hired.

Go Blaze!!!

Just because you played at a high level does not mean you are a coach. Is that all it takes? 

Just because you played at a high level does not mean you are a coach. Is that all it takes? 

No, Of course not, but an understanding of the game at that level certainly helps. Moreover you have to have the kids respect and trust and be able to motivate them to play at their best  People don't follow a chief they don't trust for long. You also have to have a good understanding of the talent you have and the talent you need. Not saying that Coach A does not have all these things, but from a surface view something is not quite right, and fans, players and sponsors know it. 

No, Of course not, but an understanding of the game at that level certainly helps. Moreover you have to have the kids respect and trust and be able to motivate them to play at their best  People don't follow a chief they don't trust for long. You also have to have a good understanding of the talent you have and the talent you need. Not saying that Coach A does not have all these things, but from a surface view something is not quite right, and fans, players and sponsors know it. 

And you know for a fact that he has the qualities?

And you know for a fact that he has the qualities?

Coach A or Kelly ?

If you are referring to Kelly, I know the kids like him, I know from watching them that they gravitate towards him. If I thought you genuinely could give  rip less about me (I would probably develop the same sentiment) would not be real willing to give a dang about what you say.You don't have to baby every player or any player, but you do have to show them respect if you want it in return. 

Just as I eluded to , Coach A may very well have all these things, however parents talk, sponsors talk fans talk and players listen. Players are begining to by in that the issues are at a higher level. You either fix it-... or you fix it. This thread won't change what I am having for dinner, but I am hopeful that whatever it takes to get the program moving in the right direction happens for ya'll.

Edited by Blaze45

Kelly

f you are referring to Kelly, I know the kids like him, I know from watching them that they gravitate towards him. If I thought you genuinely could give  rip less about me (I would probably develop the same sentiment) would not be real willing to give a dang about what you say.You don't have to baby every player or any player, but you do have to show them respect if you want it in return. 

Just as I eluded to , Coach A may very well have all these things, however parents talk, sponsors talk fans talk and players listen. Players are begining to by in that the issues are at a higher level. You either fix it-... or you fix it. This thread won't change what I am having for dinner, but I am hopeful that whatever it takes to get the program moving in the right direction happens for ya'll.

f you are referring to Kelly, I know the kids like him, I know from watching them that they gravitate towards him. If I thought you genuinely could give  rip less about me (I would probably develop the same sentiment) would not be real willing to give a dang about what you say.You don't have to baby every player or any player, but you do have to show them respect if you want it in return. 

sounds like a guy Blackman would want.

sounds like a guy Blackman would want.

Considering we don't have a dedicated QB coach like we did with Coach Childs I would think he would be awesome over here if the Coaches deemed we needed him. The statement was made in this thread earlier that fans, players and sponsors were upset with the progress/direction of the program. I simply made the observation that maybe it is a possibility they consider Kelly. Now if I stepped on your toes because you want the job, or because you happen to be related to coach A, I don't know what to tell you. I didn't invent the problems people have posted on here and I am not going to loose sleep if they are or are not real, fixed or not  I can see that you however are a staunch supporter of Coach A and will most likely cancel Christmas if the warrior clan doesn't back off. I have stayed as neutral as possible, even though I have a tenancy to believe a lot of what has been posted is not without merit.Again "if" they look to make a change don't be surprised if they look at what they already have.