Tyner @ Marion Co.

PurplePower68

I thought Tyner had everyone the last time but they may not have been 100%. Of course we know Logan didn't play and I was thinking Tucker was out too or very limited. We were coming off a heartbreaking loss to Boyd and you could see it on the field. The offense wasn't in sync. A totally different backfield set and Logan running the offense should have us ready. Clean up our mistakes from last night and I believe we carry on to the semis.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily logan is back and everyone is healthy for the warriors at the right time. I dont think it will be 21 either. Last time we played them we had rhem 33-6 at one point but they had some special team blunders, snapping it over the punters head and stuff like that. Late in the game they hurt us with the pass. I look for them to try that again. Should be a good one.

I can't remember the kid who made 7 or 8 catches against us toward the end of the game but not having Massengale playing db was a factor I believe. A couple young kids with limited experience gave up some big catches.

I bet they see a different look this time around on that reciever. I look for #8 to be in his pocket all night long. He is one of our best cover guys for sure. We cant be sloppy like we were last night for sure but other than two long runs, forrest didnt have much success with anything. We have to play better all the way around from here on out though.

Lol. No he won't.

Marion would be just as stacked right now without Ross.

Marion wins this one

So you are saying coaching doesnt mean a lot? Sp had better players last year but the lack of a leader on the sidelines caused them to struggle. Not just anyone can walk the sidelines and put the kids in position to win. Op may disagree as he says the coaches have nothing to do with it, that is unless its the sp coaches

So you are saying coaching doesnt mean a lot? Sp had better players last year but the lack of a leader on the sidelines caused them to struggle. Not just anyone can walk the sidelines and put the kids in position to win. Op may disagree as he says the coaches have nothing to do with it, that is unless its the sp coaches

No I'm saying he's a good coach but not a great one. I put him in the above average category. I don't think he's the walking Gawd that my buddy Bassy does.

If you read my posts clearly I think coaching matters. I just believe that Tyners coach will be the difference in the MC win

I agree with you TTP coaching has A LOT to do with it. If Sp didn't have Grinder back and now Peak they would be nowhere near where they are right now.

LLP, 1 day away from you having a chance to repent. Old Pirate ain't ever said coaching don't matter. The sickening thing is how you grown ups have become disciples of the SOS when everyone knowd them Jasper youngons were the real ones who deserved the praise. Yes, the SOS has done a good job managing a great bunch of talented players and kept Jasper's program off ESPN. Never forget......without talent KC become human too. You grown up fellers with Yous huge man crushes is laughable.......question....would LV being playing if they had the SOS ? Edited by OLD PIRATE

LLP, 1 day away from you having a chance to repent. Old Pirate ain't ever said coaching don't matter. The sickening thing is how you grown ups have become disciples of the SOS when everyone knowd them Jasper youngons were the real ones who deserved the praise. Yes, the SOS has done a good job managing a great bunch of talented players and kept Jasper's program off ESPN. Never forget......without talent KC become human too. You grown up fellers with Yous huge man crushes is laughable.......question....would LV being playing if they had the SOS ?

Would sp be playing if vic wasnt back? I think ross is a good coach, i by far am not a diciple of him, no more than you are of vic. He has done a good job with the kids he has, he has helped develop the young ones into contributing this year and helped the kids with their dicipline and work ethic. The kids are good students, they are held accountable and are going to be better in life because of the staff. If you dont agree with me then thats your decision. To me, its more about life than it is your four years in high school. Thats why many of our Valley kids dont make it in college in my opinion. The numbers dont lie of all the kids that have quit over the years and not made it. Most teams support their coaches and mc is no different. I will support them until they go on to bigger and better things.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

Would sp be playing if vic wasnt back? I think ross is a good coach, i by far am not a diciple of him, no more than you are of vic. He has done a good job with the kids he has, he has helped develop the young ones into contributing this year and helped the kids with their dicipline and work ethic. The kids are good students, they are held accountable and are going to be better in life because of the staff. If you dont agree with me then thats your decision. To me, its more about life than it is your four years in high school. Thats why many of our Valley kids dont make it in college in my opinion. The numbers dont lie of all the kids that have quit over the years and not made it. Most teams support their coaches and mc is no different. I will support them until they go on to bigger and better things.

Here a real question...would Jasper still be playing if Pruitt, McCurry or KC was coaching. THE point is........the players are the ones that deserve the praise & glory! SOS has not made the 2 Mr Football candidates, no more than KC made Westmoreland or Vic made Moore. Players....... For the most part make teams, coaches and are the driving force behind tradition. Point here is simple, The Captain would not be on the sidelines on Friday night ifin he had gone to Cahoola Creek. Again...... players make coaches & coaches successes are driven by available talent Edited by OLD PIRATE