Tyner @ Marion Co.

PurplePower68

Here a real question...would Jasper still be playing if Pruitt, McCurry or KC was coaching. THE point is........the players are the ones that deserve the praise & glory! SOS has not made the 2 Mr Football candidates, no more than KC made Westmoreland or Vic made Moore. Players....... For the most part make teams, coaches and are the driving force behind tradition. Point here is simple, The Captain would not be on the sidelines on Friday night ifin he had gone to Cahoola Creek. Again...... players make coaches & coaches successes are driven by available talent

The bad thing is with the quick success Grider is having don't be surprised if a Georgia school actually goes after him with money in hand. This time around I dont think he will leave. I don't think he will is here for the long haul, but is merely waiting till everything works out for someone to step in.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bad thing is with the quick success Grider is having don't be surprised if a Georgia school actually goes after him with money in hand. This time around I dont think he will leave. I don't think he will is here for the long haul, but is merely waiting till everything works out for someone to step in.

Hard to turn down a job that could double your salary though. Couldn't fault anyone for doing that either.

If I remember correctly (getting older) CVG said he had a max of 6 years left last time he left SoPitt. I wouldn't be surprised to see him call it quits after 3 more years. 4 including this one

If he stays that long then he will see th seventh graders thru. They have a shot to be really really special if they continue to grow.

Here a real question...would Jasper still be playing if Pruitt, McCurry or KC was coaching. THE point is........the players are the ones that deserve the praise & glory! SOS has not made the 2 Mr Football candidates, no more than KC made Westmoreland or Vic made Moore. Players....... For the most part make teams, coaches and are the driving force behind tradition. Point here is simple, The Captain would not be on the sidelines on Friday night ifin he had gone to Cahoola Creek. Again...... players make coaches & coaches successes are driven by available talent

I think Coach Ross is a good coach. I also think Coach Grider is a good coach. I see a lot of what Coach Ross does other than Friday nights. He has instilled a good work ethic and a system that the kids have bought in to. With the mess that went on with Mac last year could have easily been a wash. I'm not sure if I was a 15 or 16 yr old kid I would trusted a new guy to come in and do the right thing. Would sp be playing like they are without Vic right now? I'm not sure. It seems he has brought a different attitude to the team and it's showing on the field. What it all boils down to honestly is we have some very good kids in this area. Not great D1 athletes but tough kids that know how to play ball.

I think Coach Ross is a good coach. I also think Coach Grider is a good coach. I see a lot of what Coach Ross does other than Friday nights. He has instilled a good work ethic and a system that the kids have bought in to. With the mess that went on with Mac last year could have easily been a wash. I'm not sure if I was a 15 or 16 yr old kid I would trusted a new guy to come in and do the right thing. Would sp be playing like they are without Vic right now? I'm not sure. It seems he has brought a different attitude to the team and it's showing on the field. What it all boils down to honestly is we have some very good kids in this area. Not great D1 athletes but tough kids that know how to play ball.

good post! Very well said

The redhead just asked me who I was pulling for in this one. To be honest I haven't thought about who I'd rather see win. I'll I've thought about is who I think will win.

Tyner has a ton of seniors so this is likely their shot. I don't know about their team makeup but I'd say next year won't be like this year.

Marion was in the championship last year and I think I've heard they're still pretty young so could be back next year.

At this point I still don't know who I would prefer to win. I'll probably just watch and see how I feel about it at that time.

The redhead just asked me who I was pulling for in this one. To be honest I haven't thought about who I'd rather see win. I'll I've thought about is who I think will win.

Tyner has a ton of seniors so this is likely their shot. I don't know about their team makeup but I'd say next year won't be like this year.

Marion was in the championship last year and I think I've heard they're still pretty young so could be back next year.

At this point I still don't know who I would prefer to win. I'll probably just watch and see how I feel about it at that time.

Just go with whoever wins, then say i told you so.